late period confusion

1986princess

Reaction score
Hi Ladies i came off the pill in september 2010, my last period started 3rd january and lasted 5 days. I thought i should expect my period around maybe 1st february but as yet no period. I dont usually get period pains and if so only a niggle but i have been having lower back and abdominal cramps on and off for over a week now. The past 2 days my breasts have been tender but no other symptoms. i took 2 tesco own brand tests 2 days ago and had a very very faint pink line in the test area after 6 minutes. Took another clear and simple test and was negative. really confused as period were like clockwork staright after coming off pill and have no other medical issues. I dont diet or excercise loadsw either. If i took a early pregnancy predicter test have i got more chance of it being positive? as im not sure if mayber i ovulate late and thats why period hasnt come? any advice?

Hey :wave:

When was the last time you tested?

It may be worth doing another test just to see although if negative still doesn't mean your not pregnant & on the other hand it could just be a delayed period due to the pill

xxx

Hi

I OV late this cycle and my lines are still faint. So keep testing! good luck xx

hi! i tested today about an hour ago with na midstream hpt. I tested the other 2 tests 2 days ago also a hpt, all the tests iv done have only been cheap ones. I have had crampy pains for well over a week and when i think about it close to two weeks. Could that be ovulation pains? when and ehat sort of test do u think would be best to use?

hi hun, keep testing if your not sure, happened me last month but unfortunatly af came along 5 days late. I didn't get a faint positive, but you did so fingers crossed.

best of lick hun. :) x x keep us posted.

How long have your cycles been since coming off the pill?

With all pregnancy tests, try to use your FMU (first morning urine) as the urine is more concentrated whereas in the afternoon will be more diluted

A FR (First Response) is a good one to use & can detect pregnancy up to 6 days before your period is due & another tip is try to use pink dye tests as the blue ones are known for false positives, not all the time but worth bearing in mind

xxx

I Used a Clear Blue yesterday...i OV on wed before, so 11 days after and it showed 1-2 weeks PG, so picked up enough....just a thought for you too x

I Used a Clear Blue yesterday...i OV on wed before, so 11 days after and it showed 1-2 weeks PG, so picked up enough....just a thought for you too x

Oooooo that's fab hun & on a CBD to :yay:

xxx

thanx for all your replies ladies, much appreciated! my cycles since coming off the pill were 28 days so in my head i thort my period would have been due 6 days ago? is that right? but either way i need to do a FMU with a more reliable test but perhaps leave it a few days. just strange with not usually having breast pain before periods and the cramps are the worst iv ever had! will soon see in a few days

Mmmm.....your now 7 days late as with 28 days cycle & date of last period, should of been due on 31st Jan so that's always a good sign when your periods late but not the most accurate though as mine was 9 days late & had all the symptoms then my period arrived

Anyhow, the fact you did have a couple of faint lines as well is good so not all is lost

What you need to try & remember is that your symptoms can differ from cycle to cycle & we are all different but if something is happening that isn't normal or usual for you then that's always a good thing to

Keep up positive thoughts & I hope you get the answer you want & deserve really soon :clover:

xxx

ladies iv just done a pedictor test that a friend has brought round. supposed to dedect pregnancy up until 5 days before period starts test said to read after 5 mins and anytime up untill 30 minutes after test was performed. after 5 mins test window was clear so i put it down and went to make a drink. 15 mins later i had a faint line in test window! so i got instructions out and went on website and it defo says " any line even very pale upto 30 mins after test is positive even if very faint" does this mean what i think it means? there is a prerdictor website where instruction details are on it 2nd page. the test is in a pink box so u dont get mixed up with any others. could someone please go on this and verify! still not sure x

This is what you were after:

Q: No line has appeared in the test window after five minutes. It appears a few minutes later?

A: If the line shows in the test window within 30 minutes, the result is positive, whatever the intensity.

I think congrats are in order :yay:

xxx

i just wanted to double check coz i thought i was going mad. do u think there could be a mistake? worried the crampy pains are a sign of me losing it? think its the negative tests iv been having making me doubt x

sorry forgot to answer uy question. there was no result in test window after 5 mins 15 mins later (20 mins after test was performed) it had a faint pink line but same width as the line in the control part of the test, but a very pale pink x

Oh hun :hugs: I think the cramps are common, just your lil bean getting extra snuggly

I'd defo do a test first thing in the morning as should be a darker line

xxx

cool i will do, be weird if it comes back as negative tho. but we will see it says a line is a line but suppose it could be evap? we will see x

I've got everything crossed for you hun & can't wait to see how you get on

Keep us posted my lovely

:dust:

xxx

2 positive tests this morning, 2 visible pink lines came up after just a minute! still in shock x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back