Controlled crying

Oh wow that's fantastic. I'm not so lucky with winding, if I don't, Eva vomits everywhere cue another bath and a whole bed change.

I really hope you get some sleep. Interrupted sleep is the worst x

Again I apologise for not having any good advice x

Awww really the poor thing. I'd hate that :(
Awwwk no worries atal honestly xx

Has he woke yet Hun? I'd say if he wakes he probably will be hungry, so give a bottle then. If the wakes again try the water and then put him down again? I'm currently sat with Luca who's wide awake. Cheeky boy xx

How did settling down go tonight cers?? I was thinking earlier about what I did with my little boy, we did feed and wind part way, feed and then place in bed "milk drunk" he would chatter a bit and go off himself. If he did cry I would go in after a couple of minutes, settle with a hand on his tummy gently, ssshhh and comfort and make sure room temp , music ( he always had music on) was appropriate then leave when he settled and he would go off to sleep. This was a rarity thou as he did usually go off himself happily without tears or issues, just the odd occasions really. Hope this is helpful and hope you get some rest, it keeps us sane!

So I done my routine with him and he fell asleep at 10 d 7 after having 2 oz I knew if he woke soon he would need the milk so I fed him the milk when he woke at 7. He then fell asleep but woke when I placed him into the cot. He fussed a little but eventually went over. Then he woke at 9 I went in gave him anbesol some water and then started the let him cry going in and out. He HATED when I went back into the room it made him cry harder so I kept my stay short. And it took him 1 hour to go back to sleep. Although I must say he didn't do a lot of crying in that hour he was making slight noises like he was trying to settle himself. Which I take as a positive. He slept until 1:35am so I've just gone into given him some neurophen (he's teething at the minute) I gave him some water and placed him into the cot. And now he has yet to cry 20 minutes in but he's still making slight noises like he's looking to go over. So I think he's doing wonderfully. Which I will make him fully aware of when he wakes in the morning xx

I'm not saying you shouldn't do controlled crying but wonder if he's teething if this is the best time to be doing it. I feel your pain with baby waking a lot as we are going through similar. Our babies are a similar age and mines is teething too. I think babies need extra comfort whilst teething as its really uncomfortable for them. Maybe leave it till he's not teething and try again as you may find he starts sleeping better on his own.

Hi lovely... With my LO I give him a feed at 9pm as well, I wake him for this but it just gets him through the night, I only give him 4oz but when I don't he wakes up screaming for food, when he has this feed at 9pm he wakes in the night (only sometimes) but he just talks to himself he doesn't cry so I know I don't need to go in, he just sends himself off back to sleep! so you could maybe try the dream feed! im just going to keep giving him the 9pm dream feed until he drops it himself as he clearly needs it when hes waking up screaming! it's a hungry scream so Id never leave him crying like that but when he wakes up just whinging I do leave him because he always goes back to sleep xxx

Sounds like your LO is getting there though hun, keep at it! How exciting that yor getting married :) I got married on 4th of this month, it was the best day ever, especially having our baby there to watch! Excited for you xxx

Hey girls well he done brilliant. I think he's really going to take to this. He went bk to sleep at 2 am slept 2 6 and the he woke I gave him some milk put him back to bed and he fell asleep after 15 minutes n that was him to 9. I swear to God I couldn't believe it lol

That's absolutely brilliant, I'm so pleased for you. Lots of kisses and cuddles today I bet xx

Woohoo! Does he seem happier too?

Makes a world of difference when you get your sleep at night. It makes the days so much easier.

Brilliant news! The world is a nicer place when everyone has sleep! You can't function normally sleep deprived!

Oh my goodness girls he slept 7 to 10 to 7 last night I gave him a bottle when he woke n he went back over until 8. Lol I'm so so happy I can't thank you enough

I'm so so pleased for you, massive smile on my face xxx

Lovely to hear a success story. Now you can have the energy for your wedding! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back