Controlled Crying has..................

jennywren

Reaction score
Pretty much worked!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Tuesday night started new routine, put him in his cot at 7.45 but 8pm he was asleep. He did 1 min, then I went in, then 2 min, then 3 min then 5 mins then in to the next 'blobk' of 5 mins he was asleep by the 2nd minute. He woke up after 30 mins, but went back to sleep after 2 mins CC, he then woke up after another 30 mins but again went back after 2 mins CC. He had a great night woke up a few time but just a quick 10 second pat and left the room and he went back off.

Wednesday night he went down after about 6 mins of crying and stayed asleep this time, wicked I thought.....then at 3am ish he woke, and continued to wake every 10 mins till 5am at which point I happened to touch his PJs bottoms and they were wet (whoops :oops: ) so I changed him and he went back off from 5am till 8.45 :shock: - my boy has NEVER slept that late in his life, even if he had a bad night he was always up at 6am and just dead ratty in the day do his own very dark room clearly helps!

Thursday night was a bugger - went down after 2 mins and again stayed asleep till 12.30 am and this time woke every 10 mins till 2am when I finally gave him some calpol (he had felt hot at 12.30 but gt hotter and hotter untill 2am when I gave in and gave the medcine) after the calpol he didnt wake up again and OH had to wake him at 7am to take him to Nannys (chle minder!) - now on wed evening he was VERY clingy wouldnt even go to OH was pulling at my legs begging to be carried all the time, climbing up me grabbing on to my neck and crying when told to ''go to daddy for minute'' so I knew there was something wrong, either MMR jabs or Bottom Molars on their way!

Friday night - brilliant. Went to sleep 7.30 with NO TEARS, straight down, stayed lay down cuddling his teddy when I left the room (past 3 nights he had jumped up crying at he bars when I went to leave) and he woke at 12.30 but just lay him down and straigh back off so 30 seconds, then same again at 2.30 then slept till 7.20am :cheer: :cheer:

So thats nearly 12 hours :cheer: dont think he has ever slept 12 hours EVER so the controlled crying is working woooooo hoooooo

Just need to stop these night time wakings now, any ideas?

I have been doing it for his naps and he has slept loads better for them as well. OH is left with him today and tomorrow while im at work...........he has strict instructions and if he does it wrong he will be getting a black eye :rotfl: I got Nanny (childminder) to do it and she said he only cried for 2 mins then slept for 2.5 hors and she had to wake him (it was 4.30 by this point) and he usually only sleeps for an hour to hour and half for her!

LUCYBEE YOU HAVE PM[/u]

well done you sounds like you've cracked it :clap:

well done. i cant do cio. just doesnt sit well with me but im glad its worked for you :)

Woohooo :cheer: :cheer:

I'm so pleased for you Jen and for Oran too as he'll be so much happier having good sleep and settling well on his own in his cot.

I know CC is a contraversial subject but as I always say, I got loads of advice on it and it worked for us.

Well done! I've replied to your PM but am so happy for you.

Lucyx :clap:

LucyBee said:
Woohooo :cheer: :cheer:

I'm so pleased for you Jen and for Oran too as he'll be so much happier having good sleep and settling well on his own in his cot.

I know CC is a contraversial subject but as I always say, I got loads of advice on it and it worked for us.

Well done! I've replied to your PM but am so happy for you.

Lucyx :clap:

Thanks hun it was your help and advice that got me through it so I am so very very gratefull!

OH said he has been loads happier today and didnt need his morning half hour nap and lasted till after lunch for his long afternoon nap! WICKED!

ooh sorry i hope you didnt think i was being mean.
just cause its not right for me i wasnt implying its wrong!!!

*Star* said:

its ok hun we all have different opinions or the world would be a crappy boring place :hug:

*Star* said:

No, no Star. I think everyone has to do what they think is right with their LOs. I totally understand that it's not for you. Lx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back