Contraception while breastfeeding

Izzy

Reaction score
I'm starting to think about what contraception to use one my LO's born. I CERTAINLY don't want to get pregnant again, well not for at least 5 years so i want to be super careful!! ( i was quite lax before, hence BFP... :oops: )

I can get condoms but i'm not 100% sure i want to use them. I am hoping to breastfeed, does that affect the pill at all? I would consider going back on the Microgynon pill as i didnt have any nasty side effects from it before.

I dont want any injections. Can anyone recommend anything which has worked for them?

Izzyx

Hi

I'm breastfeeding and am on the cerazette mini pill. Touch wood (!) I've been fine on it, no side affects and hasn't interferred with the feeding

HTH

Lucy

is that the same as a microgynon? like do you take it every day then have a week off? ive never heard of it.

izzyx

im getting the implanon(SP) rod there are no known pregnancies on it and it stops working as soon as its taken out and is ok 4 bfin :D

I am breastfeeding and I'm taking Micronor which is the mini pill. The doc says that you can't take microgynon while breastfeeding. The mini pill you take everyday (with no break), the only thing is that you have to take it at the same time everyday. And I also haven't gotten a period since giving birth, which could be bcuz of the pill or breastfeeding or both. Hope this helps.

Thanks everyone thats very helpful. Think i will go back onto a pill of some kind, will go to the FPC once LO's here :)

Izzyx

Hi

Yeah cerazette is a mini pill so you don't have a 7 day break inbetween packs

Like Estep, I haven't had an AF either

Lucy

didnt think you coulf get preg whilst bf

late at night

b.x

also dont rule out a coil, theyre a lot more effective than condoms iirc and they can be fitted at your 6wk check up, and stay in place for about 3-5yr depending on what type you get

if you get a mirena (sp) theyre hormonal ones and tend to help if you have heavy periods, though i had hormonal problems and wasnt allowed one,

had a normal copper coil fitted, never had any problems with it at all, dont even know its there, only had it removed to try for number 3

takes about 2 seconds to put in and dont hurt as much as you'd think :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back