Contraception

bagpuss

Reaction score
:) I hope no one minds me asking,but I need a bit of advice on which contraception to use.I never used any before as I didn't think I could get pregnant,so obviously thought no need.I don't want to take the pill as I don't like taking things,not keen on condoms either,don't really know much about the cap or coil - has anyone tried them both,and was there a preference?
I'm missing being pregnant,so it may only be for a while!! :dance:
Any advice and help would be great :D

Have you thought about the injection?
It has to be done every 3 months (i'm guessing its still that, is a while since I was on it) It does stop your periods, which I found great to begin with & it worked really well with no side effects for me.

you can have a small implant in your arm which stays effective for 3 or 5 years (cant remember exactly but think its 5)
doesnt take long to put in and one of the best things about it is if you want to TTC you can just have it taken out and your fertiliy returns to normal more or less straight away! :)

I have heard the injections can take a while to come out of your system hun, it took my friend a year to fall pregnant after being on the injection and she hadnt been on it long, so prob not the best if you might want to ttc soonish

Hi

Ive only ever taken the pill so i dont know how anything else is?
I know the shot isnt recommended here now alot of docs try to talk you out of it
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back