Breastfeeding and contraception

MrsR

Reaction score
I know it's a bit early for me to be thinking about this but I've made up my mind to try to breastfeed as long as I can, I have heard that certain types of contraception aren't appropriate whilst breastfeeding so for all bf mums out there-what contraception do you use?

when i was bf-ing Maley, i was told the only one you can take is the mini-pill

I'm on the mini pill but you can get the implant too if you want something longer term. I'm useless at taking the pill now (and they're the ones that have to be taken at the same time every day so you can't take one 12 hours later if you forget!) - I was on the combined pill for years before and never missed any...this is what having kids does to your brain :lol: so I might think about getting the implant instead when they run out!

i really want to go on the injection........i dont suppose i can use that can i? im crap with the pill especially in those first weeks.....its enough remembering to eat!!

Last edited:
You sound just like me :lol: I'm not sure about the injection - anything that progestogen only like the mini pill is fine, or you can have an IUD after 6 weeks x

i thought you could use any contraception - i'm pretty sure thats what i got told! although, i took my time getting round to organising some and ended up with another baby :lol:

^^^^^this is what I want to avoid! Lol x I want to have the implant as got no plans for another baby but never say never x I was good at taking the pill but as someone else pointed out it's enough remembering to eat never mind anything else!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back