consultant MW appointment

Mervs Mum

Reaction score
Back from the consultant MW. :)

She went through all my notes and long story short she says she agrees that induction would have been an over reaction at 37+4 and I did right to stick to my guns. She said to see what the growth and doppler scan says on thursday and take it from there. She put lots of notes on my record for the MWs who would come out to me at home so they arent put off by all the extra stuff the Dr has been doing. She said so long as I am happy to be at home she thinks there is no reason to have him anywhere else.

She asked me if there was anything she could do to help me and I said 'I'll have a stretch and sweep!' half jokingly.....so she said no probs lets see if we cant get this baby to come before thursday! :lol:

Still 1-2cm and soft. She could feel his head and my water bag tensing as I had a tightening. She gave me the most thorough S&S ever! Not painful, mildly uncomfy at worst but she was up there a while!!

So I'm at home with my feet up for the afternoon with my mum and MIL asking me 'when do you think it will be?' Like I'm psychic! :rofl:

fab news, glad you got yourself another sweep!

Your post just reminded me of a book Ive just finished, it was myleen klass' my bump and me;

"After telling Jonathan my 7 September due date could only be an estimate he asked "Well, when do you think the baby will come?" I replied er, I dont know "well, will it be early?" er, I dont know "If its early or late what are we looking at here? One week, two weeks?" er, I dont know "

at least you only have eager grandmothers to contend with and not clueless managers!!

Glad you got another sweep and the consultant was on side! :yay:

Lots of ball bouncing for you missus ;)

:yay: for consultant, glad everything is still good :D

glad it went well. Ive got my fingers crossed for you. You must be so excited to be on track for getting the birth you want! yay! xxx

Whoop whoop, all lookin good missy.

Get bouncing, another beer, another bath and then the bonk (or drink the milk iykwim :rofl:) I hope something starts soon. Eeeeeee i'm dead excited xx

Oh I forgot to say a bit chunk of my plug came away last night...OH was a bit :shock: when I told him....I forgot that it was only a day before I went into labour that it came away last time!! :lol:

Another sweep on thursday.....my jack danny's never seen so much action.....

jack danny :rofl:

My mystic powers tell me that sid will arrive on thursday (or at least labour will begin) xx

Ooooh come on sid!!!!! x Hope he arrives soon! x Glad mw was so nice and helpful!

:rofl: Jack Danny! Toon- you have mystic powers?!

Glad it went well this morning and that the MW was nice. Fingers crossed that Sid makes an appearance before Thursday hun x

wow it's so exciting, not long at all now then, and it's nice to have a good doctor/mw appointment makes you feel so much calmer and better throughout the day!

what do people mean by ball bouncing i just have to ask?? xx

Lisa has a birthing ball, its like them big ones you find at the gym. Bouncing on them is good for bringing the baby down the pelvis xx

oh i might get one of them, i should've known i been on one in the gym reguarly! thankyou toon :) xxx

Brilliant - Im getting excited now, I predict Wednesday night Sid will pop out at 02:40:45 - hows that for a prediction then?

They say you are more intuitive when pregnant ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back