MW and consultant today!!

Ally1979

Reaction score
MW this morning, had a lovely appt. She showed me where the top of my uterus was and laughed when i told her where the head and bum was (have been having a good feel haha) Baby is still breech which she is a little worried about cos of my SPD, said its the worst possible position for me if i was to give birth. Listened to babies heartbeat and had a chat about birth choices etc!

Then this afternoon had consultant appointment at 2:30, got seen at 3:30!!!!! Consultant asked why i had been given a follow up appointment, thought erm isnt it ur job to know that??? He asked me 1001 questions about my SPD and the effects etc and then went onto explain he had an exam on SPD the next day and hadnt had time to revise :? WTF!!

Anyway after measuring me 3 times he finally got 33cm and then had a prod on my tummy and said "i think she is breech, have a feel" to the nurse that was with him, im thinking oh dear lord someone help me! He then struggled to find heart beat until i showed him where to put the doppler. He left the room to get my notes and i asked nurse if he was a student and she said no she was an "experienced consultant"!!!!

Anyway he is also worried about position of baby but im only 33 weeks (tomorrow) so surley plenty of time left to turn?? Have another appt in 4 weeks to check position then talk about c-section, not happy :0(

oh dear, your consultant doesn't expire confidence does he.

Try not to worry about LO being breech, there is plenty of time for baby to turn.

There's another post on here that has a link to 17 ways to turn a breech baby. If you search on google it will come up with some good positions you can try to help baby turn.

Mine was breech and transverse and has turned now, just hope they stay that way.

Thanks, i was not really worried about it until appt today. I have not even thought about having a c section, mainly because i really dont want an epidural due to back problems etc. I think he just made me feel worse!

Hmm yeh thats one scary consultant!? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Awww babe I'm sure it'll be fine :hug:

I've been lucky so far because from about 26weeks (trying to remember 1st midwife appointment after scan :think: ) baby has been head down every time he's been checked.
However a few friends and family memebers (including beloved hubby! :lol: ) have commented on how small (slight) I am and that I may need a C-section if I go full term. I was like " :shock: ....thanks" but I'm trying not to worry about it because midwife hasn't said anything.

I thik if it happens then it happens and we'll just have to get one with it babe. But at least we know we'll finally have our babies at the end of it :D

That consultant sounds stupid but midwife sounded really nice so I'd just try and brush it off as an unfortunate bad experience and focus on everything else :hug:

Awww sorry honey i've only just seen this :wall:
Consultant sounds like useless twazzock :roll: Sendin big *head down baby* vibes to you sweetie :hug: xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back