Today's MW appointment.....

Mervs Mum

Reaction score
Well it was a mixed bag at the MW today.... :|

He is still breech. If he's still the same at my next appointment (34 wks) they will send me for a scan. If he's still breech they will offer me Moxibustion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moxibustion) which does have a good success rate. If that doesnt work I can have ECV which I really dont want at all If that doesnt work I can elect for a section or have a hospital / consultant vaginal birth.

He is measuring big.....5lb 8oz already.....if that's the same next appointment they will send me for a growth scan.....if he's going to be a big 'un they may suggest that the hospital is a better place for him to be born.....but that will be my call.....

If the worst case scenario happens and he stays breech and the scan confirms he's big, then it looks like a section for me

The good news is that my home birth is officially booked :D and my MW is optimistic that he will turn and I'll get to deliver at home. They will bring a birth stool with them for me to use and the only other thing she said would be useful is a torch and plenty of towels.

She said the more babies you have the more likely breech presentation is and she said she thinks he will turn. Even if he doesnt I dont have to make a decision until 38 weeks about c sections etc.

She took directions to my house and will send my details to all the community MWs. She said that I should plan for this baby to be born at home and worry about the growth and breech presentation as we get to each hurdle. So I'm a little deflated but still a home birth hopeful.....

Good news all is booked hun, I'm confident he'll turn as well but my god he's a whopper :shock:

5lb 8 already :faint:

What weight was heebs?

Hope you get your home birth :hug:

Glad everything else went well. Really hope he turns for you but I'm sure he will. That Moxibustion is meant to be pretty good, I researched it a bit when my monkey was breech. Also, :shock: wow at being 5lb8 already xx

sounding good, take it u have managed to convince DH about home then? :D

Sounds like your midwife is optimistic hun. Im sure he will turn, hopefully they will be able to turn him round or he might just move himself. Fingers crossed, looking forward to your updates!

Good luck for the turn around - Im sure if your MW is confident then it'll be ok. I really hope you get your home birth, I will prob never get to experience that so I wish you all the luck :)

Big strapping lad eh? I really hope he turns for you hun, i know how badly you want your home birth. Its a good sign that the midwife is confident, so lets just hope he co-operates :) xx

I really hope he does. I read a bit about Moxibustion too Katy and it's supposed to be quite successful so FX.....

She said she's plotting him at 5lb 8oz but it's not an exact science. The scan may say different so we'll see. I'm hoping she's just being cautious because we are hoping for the home birth.

It's disappointing to go from talking about my lovely calm home birth to c sections in the same appointment.... :|

Well it seems good that she is still being hopeful and planning for you to have Sid at home.

I think a lot would have said " woah no way, get a bed ready" :)

I hope the little monkey turns for you darling ad you get the birth you would like
:hug:

Hope he turns soon :hug: ...get yourself down on all fours!

aww i hope he turns for you esp as u want a home birth!!! 5'8'' tho!! thatll be a tough push!!!!! :D xxx

Wow thats a good weight already! Hope he turns for you soon!

oh bless you sweetie :hug: stay positive, i too have read alot about the turning-engaging-going for the more babies you have, so heres to sid turning for you :hug: i did a lot of bouncing to get maddi ready :hug:

wow thats a good weight hun!! fingers crossed you get your home birth :D

it sounds positive to me hunni!!! either way you got all the support you need and in the end it's always up to you what happens. aw can't wait til he's here i want to see piccies!! good luck for it all hun :) xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back