Consultant appointment today

Annie050408

Reaction score
Hi all

Well I had my consultant appointment today following the bleed on Friday and have been given a range of information to digest!

I was told that my sample from today had a trace of blood in it- not surprising I suppose after last week but that there was no sign or glucose or protein which is good.

I was told that my blood pressure had risen to 120/90 which is high for me but that because there was no protein in my sample that they were not concerned.

I now have to have weekly midwife appointments until bubs arrives.

I have a growth scan booked for 8th Sept where they will also check the position of the placenta because while it's not covering the birth canal, it is only 4cm away and is currently underneath bub's head - the same as it was at 25 weeks so if that remains the same then I guess they will schedule a C-section, which frankly I'm not too bothered about - whatever works best for bubs frankly!

The doc looked at the scan measurements from Friday and said that the hosp may readjust my due date if they see fit based on bub's growth because I have been fairly sure all along that I am 5 days behind where they are suggesting I am and that this may therefore show that bubs is within the 'normal' range after all, while still being small. She didn't seem to think that there was any problem with bub's size as she said that my fundal measurements (34cm) were perfect and that it's most likely that bubs is just a little baby and it's as simple as that.

So all in all, very reassuring and I will be returning to work next Weds although I have explained to my head teacher that I am not going to be able to take on any stressful or physical work during those 3 weeks. I think this is for the best because then I can have more time off with bubs after and also I'll be taking a fair few days off within those 3 weeks for appointments anyway so might as well get paid for it.

So mostly good news overall and to celebrate, DH and I went and got some lovely chocolate milkshakes and bought me a replacement wedding ring to wear for the next 2 months as my fingers have swollen up slightly and I can't wear my band or engagement ring at the moment.

Last edited:
Good Luck hope all goes well ~! And what a nice gesture your new wedding ring! xx

aw how lovely is your hubby what a nice thing to do x so glad all went well babe xxx

So glad it was such a positive appointment! x

Yep, am now really looking forward to bubs arriving again :)

ahh what a lovely day you have had compared to last week

Temp Wedding ring, happy baby, and milkshakes to boot - well done

glad all went well lovely enjoy your week left till you go back to school xxx

All sounds great Hun, really pleased for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member