Consultant appointment tomorrow *UPDATE*

EllieG

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Am getting a bit nervous as i have my appointment tomorrow at the hospital to see if my baby is still breech, and if so what to do about it. I will also get another chance to see baby as i am having a growth scan :D However, I am really nervous, I don't think i want them to attempt to turn my lo, as i dont fancy ending up with an emergancy ceserean but i think that is what my consultant will want, but am also scared of having a ceserean at all.
I am pretty sure that the bubs is still breech, have got a hard lump under my ribs and kicks low down, just the way he/she has been for as long as i can tell.
I dont know what to tell them as they are going to want my reasons for not wanting an ecv :(

These are your choices to make...When I saw docs today the explained my options and what the consequences would be of not having an induction...It is good to explain how you feel to them they may be able to alay your fears and help you the descision thats best for you and LO.

You never know, you cant always tell by the movements which way they are. Mine was breech and i had the same movements in my ribs then as i do now and he isnt breech anymore.

Good luck with it though :)

Hi

Good luck for tom you never know LO could not be breech and you just dont know it! Be firm though if you dont want somthing done :hug:
Katrina

Hi Ellie,

Read one of your other posts with interest as mine is breech too.

I feel the same as you i think,rather natural birth than csection, i've already decided on it being turned if need be as my best friend had this done. I think otherwise it'll be a csection anyways and i'd try anything not to have that done.Terrified of that.

Please let us know whats said,it'll give me an idea of whats coming up at my scan/appoint.

:hug:

No problem i will do, couldnt sleep last night as was so worried about today :roll: Half of me thinks I should try the ecv, the other half doesn't want to try it and end up with an emergancy section should it all go pear shaped. I have had two previous big babies, 9lb2 and 8lb15, so don't expect this one to be small and my second daughter got a little stuck during her delivery, so I think a breech vaginal delivery is out of the question.
Well my apppointment is at 2pm so I will of course be on later to update
xxx

Good luck :hug:

Will be thinking of you, mines at 11am this morn.

I've only had little baba's up to now but still don't fancy going through a Breech birth, big sigh,deep breath, as long as they're ok at the end is all that matters.

Good luck to you too Debs, will be thinking of you, let us know how you get on :hug: :hug:

Hi Ellie and Debs,

Good luck to you both for today's appointments. Hope that the consultants have lots of info for you, and help you to make the right choices.

As far as I know, babies can still turn right up to 40+ weeks, so you are both still in with a chance. A friend of mine was told repeatedly that her baby was breech, had scans at 35 and 38 weeks - at 35 weeks it was breech, but at 38 weeks it had turned, even though the midwife thought it was still breech. Baby didn't turn back, and she had a natural delivery.

Have you tried all the methods that they suggest? Leaning against the back of a chair, not slouching, scrubbing the floor, kneeling in the prayer position with your bum in the air?? No harm in trying.

Good luck to both.

Heather x

Hi :wave:

Right here goes me! Baba off the growth chart today(big) and still glucose so good old Glucose Test on Monday morning, and anti natal appoint at the hospital on Friday (maybe scanned) for growth and position but................MW thinks it's turned :pray:

I won't hold my breath yet until Friday but i at least may be in for a normal delivery yet.

I've been sitting straight for weeks before baba went Breech but yes i've had my as* in the air(lets hope that worked) :cheer:

Ellie how did your appointment go? :hug:

Hiya, my appointment went really well.... baby has turned and is head down :dance: apparently well down.... don't know when that happend!!! Is back to back though so am off to argos to buy a birthing ball. As far as size is concerned the baby is in the middle of the chart, and ..... ITS A GIRL!! so pleased!
The only slight problem is I have a heart arythmia or something, so have been referred to cardiologist but at least everything else is sorted,
now to find myself a birthing pool and quick.............

Can't believe we both ended up with decent news :cheer: :cheer:

I've had to have a heart scan too through a heart murmur i had has a teenager,my results came out fine, do you have to go for a scan?

So you found out a Girl, congrats, mines still a surprise as yet.

:hug:

Glad everything went well and you can get back to enjoying your pregnancy Ellie and oldermum, here's to non-stop good news from now, bery best wishes to you both :hug:

Thanks everyone for your messages, Debs... I don't think they will send me for a scan, they mentioned doing a 24 hour tape which is a recording of my heart activity over 24 hours but it isnt a new problem, had this in my last two pregnancies. And I am really pleased for you that your news is good, lets hope the little monkies will behave from now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back