Confused about the laws.............

i wanted to use CSA to keep my ex away after not giving to hoots at the few probs i have had wth baby during pregnancy. but unfortunatly coz he is on income support and not making ne effort to work ( lazy ) i would only be entitled to £5 a week dont seem very scary does it - especially when his mum will lend him ne amount of money he 'NEEDS'

Hi there,

The only way he gets rights is if he registers the birth with you, applys to the court for legal rights or marry's you. Even if he registers the birth with you he CAN'T take the baby away from you no matter what. If his name isn't on the birth cert he has no rights same as if it is but he didn't register the birth with you. Also if his name isn't on the birth cert you are still able to get CSA money from him by saying he is the father. A paternity test is done and he has to pay but he has no rights as his names not on the birth cert,

Don't worry he hasn't a leg to stand on. You are the mother and any bloke that trys to get a baby off the mother will have a very hard job. The courts are ALWAYS on the mothers side.

Hope this reassures you.

Em xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

thank yoooooooooouuuuuuuu emma
i no jamie wants nothing to do with us now but trying to take her away is exactly the kind of thing he would do just to get one over on me!!

luv mummy
xoxox

Don't worry hun, there's no way in the world he can do that. Even if he was the richest person in the world and you had nothing the law would help you out for you to aford to bring the child up. The only way the baby would ever get taken away is the obvious reasons like you were totally unfit etc. and even then, without his name on the birth cert or even him not registering the birth the baby would go to your family, no where near him! You have nothing to worry about.

If he did register the birth with you and something happened to you the baby would go to to him but ifyou made a will saying where you want the baby to go then he wouldn't have a leg to stand on then either.

Think you'll be OK :)

PM message me if you get worried. xxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back