How Can I Keep My Baby Safe?

Are you certain he's actually gone to Greece? I'm saying this as this is the only way he could get out of paying maintenence. Once the baby is born and you contact the CSA (or if you're on benefits they'll contact you) then the only way he can not pay maintenence is by living abroad. Yes some men living in the UK can dodge it but they STILL OWE IT and the CSA will catch up with them even when a child comes of age.

As for his comments that he's not ready to give a huge chunk of wages then tough titties! Sorry but you're giving up your potential to work and earn too or you'll have to fork out childcare and support the child 365 days a year so absolutely no sympathy for him :shakehead:

I had my DD at your age, her dad has seen her 3 times since she was 5. You get to a point where you dont actually WANT them in your life when its sporadic contact as it just upsets the kid more. He had no respect for my routine or rules when he did used to see her when she was little that its been a relief not to have him in our lives anymore. He's been given every opportunity to see her, he chose not to (although he tells people I wont let him which is bull) his loss, I've got a beautiful DD, he's now an old fart with nothing.

I think you have made the right decision for yourself and your baby.

By leaving the birth certificate blank you have the opportunity to allow someone in your future the chance to adopt your child if they make a commitment to you both.

Your ex has made his choices. You have to do what you feel is best for you and baby.

Thank you so much. I really appreciate the advice and although I really feel for you Minime, it's good to hear advice from someone who has already been through it.

At the moment, I am just focusing on the baby. If Gray wants to come back, he can come back, but he'll get one chance and one chance only as, like you said, I won't want him to bring instability to our lives once we're settled.

Thanks again girls, I appreciate the comments and advice :D xx

Hi Danni,

Im pleased you are staying strong, he sounds like a total prick and it seems like money can buy him everything !
It will be hard being a single parent, believe me I know. Its hard work when there newborn, nobody to share the feeds and changes thru the night.

But I guarantee you one thing, they are worth it. Its his loss and he will regret it, he will soon come crawling out of that stone hes hiding under.

Be sure to take care of yourself and that little one.

Rgds
Guadagnia

(Mummy to Lucca aged 3ys and Rocco 2 months old)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back