Conflict with the DH at the weekend.

annarella said:
hiya girls

i have a similar problem, half due to hubby and half due my mother in law, she's supersticious, the cot and pram, and any other big things, can't be bought until the day baby arrives!!, subject!! :evil:

You're kidding me!?!?!?!

Well you all need to move to Australia, where it takes 8-14wks to order cots! So you just can't wait!!! Also, quite often you might choose your pram, but it's not in stock and they have to order it. .. ..

My little cousin came 10 weeks early, I can't tell you how stressful it was for her poor already exhausted Mummy to run around getting things organised at the last minute...

Buy and hide perhaps?

im still ttc and Ive already got the cotbed,bibs,fluffy stuff, teddies, clothes etc lol! I hope I havent jinxed it, but I guess ive only been trying since monday :) lol! xxxxxxxxxx

One way you could get around him buying and choosing the big stuff without you is by buying online? Or putting him off by mentioning how much research will need to be done? Or you could do the research online and send him out to get a specific thing if you don't want to order online without one of you seeing it. I've done all of the big shopping online as I couldn't face going round all of the shops trying to compare stuff (not to mention that we don't have a car so it's better to get stuff delivered). You can save so much once you've decided on an item by comparing prices online too. Just the question of which cot drove me up the wall! i.e. cot or cot bed? Drop side or fixed? Spokes at the end or headboard? Colour? Teething rail? Size? Price? etc etc! Does he know what he's in for or will he do what my DH does and get the first thing he sees?

I've done the fluffy stuff bit by bit and by impulse! Fun!

+++

We have already done quite a bit of research and the DH has already ordered a brochure from britax to check out their car seats.

I have got my mum on the case with the cot and she knows what I want so I'm leaving that to her.

We have been looking into buggies for weeks and are none the wiser on them. Too much choice but not enough that stand out and say "buy me, I'm perfect"

I must say that Mothercare world does my head in. Its huge!!!!!!! Too much choice and too many opportunities to spend an absolute fortune!! The last time I went in there I just walked out again, because it was so big it made me dizzy! :evil:

we got 90% of our stuff in the january sales - baby wasn't due till august!
cot was up 2 month before baby was due - hadd to check every thing was there.
go to carboot sales you can get near new stuff for 50p instead of 10 quid for a t shirt!!
baby clothes r a rip off

Ah you poor thing. I know what you mean as my ex OH was a bit like that until we had the 4D scan to know if it was a boy or girl. he moaned at me for buying too many clothes and things and looking at baby stuff. He even said that buying a magazine rack for £45??? was OK as I was buying stuff for the baby - I mean hang on which is more important. Anyway, I have practically everything now and had been buying no stop from about 26 weeks. I did also buy things in bulk from ebay and have it sent to my sister and said that she gave it to me, so he wouldn't moan.

I thought it was just superstition to buy things before 12 weeks??????? As for all the other superstitions, my nan is the same and nearly keeled over when I told her I had the pram and told her purposely and in a teasing voice "And it's in the sitting room". She started on that you don't have it in the house so my cousin piped up "So then nan, what happens if you have the pram in the house?". She didn;t know what to say and basically shut up then. Maybe you should do the same with the MIL and ask her exactly what is meant to happen if you have all this stuff. It really annoys me all this old wives tales and interferring like "Don't stretch up as the cord will get wrapped round their necks" etc etc. In that case we better not do any pregnancy yoga or anything.

Like I said, ask the MIL or the DH what happens then if you so all these things, I am sure he will be stuck for words :)

Good luck hun and keep buying stuff, sod the men. :) Plus you gotta remember a lot of men get jealous cos our focus is on our babies and not on them!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sarah,

You may have already posted about this (sorry if I missed it!!) but I was just wondering how you got on with your shopping spree the other weekend, what did you buy & how is your DH about you buying things now?

Also wanted to ask you if there are any good shops in Guildford for maternity clothes, preferably trendy! I've bought a few but i'm having trouble finding nice stuff that doesn't cost the earth (saw a lovely pair of jeans the other day and at £120 thought i'd buy two pairs!!!!!!! :shock: )

Nicki.x :D

Hi Nicki

Has H&M come to Guildford yet? If not I think there's one in Woking? I went to one on Sunday and was really impressed with their maternity range and it was really reasonably priced.

HTH

Lucy
26 + 6

No, H&M hasn't come to guildford yet. :cry: Or woking :cry:

But the cheapest place for maternity clothes is DP's. They have a fantastic range that doesn't cost the earth.

If you feel like a splurge, Guildford is great for maternity wear. They have Formes, Jojo Maman Bebe, Topshop Maternity, blooming marvellous and dp's!

Woking on the other hand has absolutely no maternity wear to be had. (Not that I have discovered it anyway)

My trip with my mum was great. We didn't go too mad. I bought a teddy/comfort blanket from toys r us and managed to get a nice bundle of baby clothes heavily reduced in debenhams, including designer t-shirts for £1.50! but I should imagine they have sold out now.

The DH is starting to realise how difficult it is for me to get about now and we are going to Kingston on sunday to get started properly on baby stuff!

Hi girls,

I guess that every relationship is different and I know it is safe for you to wait until 3 months to really tell people you are even pregnant, I waited that long myself, just incase something happened with the pregnancy...

I have not bought many things so far, although I have my partner and I are flying away to get baby things this week coming!!

IF.. my partner told me not to buy things I would tell him to focus on his own job and let me do mine. I would simply not stand for it. I am prety independant though and would not let him tell me what I can or can not do!!! That's just the way it is that would also go for my mother in law!!

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE???? Don't be told what to do!!! You have a life and you can live it as you wish!!! GO SPLURGE!!!! You will want to pick things yourself, I already wonder how I will manage at this stage of pregnancy, by shopping, I get really tired very easily!!

The only reason I have waited until now is because I wanted to save up lots of money so that I didn't have to be like.."Oh... i can't afford this or that!!" and to do the right research. What do I really need to buy for the baby and what will work best for everyone!!

Tineke

i feel for you girls! i can understand superstition. my husbands family doesn't have any baby showers until after the baby arrives and thats ok with me, but there are things you need to have for when baby comes home! i couldn't imagine not having at least some outfits, a changetable,crib,and other necessities. you don't need to be going into labour and having to worry about stuff like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back