Decorating the nursery! :-)

Emily0505

Reaction score
Me and hubby have both had the week off work and we have been decorating the nursery.

If I should magically become less of a computer moron, I will put some piccys on when it's finished, but don't hold your breath!

We got a cabin bed of e-bay for 45 pounds which is great for my OH's little boy who comes to stay every weekend. We can store all his toys underneath, giving us plenty more floor space which we will obviously need as the cot will be going in there too.

We have painted two walls a beautiful shade of blue and the rest magnolia and we have also painted the wardrobe and chest of drawers magnolia and blue and it looks amazing!

Carpet is coming on Friday and I've ordered a cot bedding set off e-bay.

Just need to get a few bits now like a lampshade and rug etc and OH is going to paint a canvas for each of the boys to go over their beds.

Its going to look great when its finished, I can't wait!

I still can't believe that in a few months time, there will be a baby in there! :shock:

Anyone else doing their nurserys yet?

XX

Sounds lush!

I have planned ours in my mind! Will make a start after 20 plus weeks...staying team yellow but going with a white and mint x

Sounds lush!

I have planned ours in my mind! Will make a start after 20 plus weeks...staying team yellow but going with a white and mint x

Ooooh, that sounds nice and a bit different to the traditional unisex yellow.

I can't wait until its finished-1. Because I think its going to look great and 2. So I can get my house back in order. Our bedroom and landing is filled with stuff waiting to go back in the room. There's a little pathway through it all, however hubby seems to lack the navigational ability to get through it all without crashing into it, especially in the early/ late hours when he needs the loo. I don't have a problem! I am going to ask him to move a few bits back in out the way for the time being as I am already fed up with hearing crash, bang, wallop in the middle of the night! :)

XX

We've been doing ours over th last week too! We know what we're having but went with a lemon colour because we like the neutral look. There's no colour in our house lol. Went to mamas an papas yesterday and spent a small fortune on the once upon a time range. Can't wait to put it all in there! We have the ocean cotbed range from there too which we managed to get second hand as its sooo expensive when you buy new.
I'm like you tho, I stand there looking at the room and can't quite believe there is going to be a baby in there soon!
Xx

I've done ours - it's a light lime/lemony green and we have white furniture in there - mamas & papas Haywood Cotbed which is ace. It looks nice & neutral if we need to use it again for another baby. I've even got all his clothes washed & put away - too organised lol. Every body else's sound lovely! x

Aww I'm going to start pretty soon, I've actually painted the room before Xmas and I already have a chest of french drawers and a little french wardrobe, I also got new carpet then too! I want to have some shelves made to go above the drawers and I plan to put put a vintage wallpaper on one wall, I'm going to get one of those day beds to double up as a sofa by day and bed if hubby kicks me and screaming baby out of our room!! :)

I really only need to get a cot and the daybed and I would like some of those nice storage baskets in white wicker.

I'm going to make a feature like a mobile above the cot to match whatever wallpaper I choose.

xx

I started mine cos it was the school holidays, and planned to have it all out of the way. We'd bought a second hand cot which I was absolutely fine with, but couldn't find furniture to match so I was putting off building the cot up. But DH's mum has just offered to buy us a brand new cot bed that will match our spare bedroom furniture and it's a gorgeous dark wood colour so it totally makes the room look different. So I'll maybe put it on hold until I start maternity leave, only 6 weeks left til I finish up then ten weeks of doing nothing!!
The room's already decorated so I won't need to do any of that, but I am going to make some wall hangings, got some offcuts in Remnant Kings the other day and plan to make things like bunting and a big quilted wall hanging in my spare time when I'm off work.

I never did our nursery before my ds was born so I'm hoping to do it this time. I'm thinking cream walls with a border that's red, yellow and green with numbers on. The room has a red carpet and going to decorate the walls and room with accessories to make it more kiddy.

Sounds Lovely!!

I can't wait to get all the furniture into little Beth's room. It's all been ordered so hopefully not long till we get it and its up!

It's so strange that a baby will be in there isnt it???

Sounds lovely, cant wait to start mine only 4 weeks until scan! Im getting the Cot and Drawers from Mamas and Papas, the Rialto range in Light Oak. Going to get wall stickers from Ebay, the choice is amazing.

Look forward to seeing your piccies

xxx

To whoever was doing white and mint I've just realised my ds's curtains are white mint and a pale brown from the loved and adored range at babies r us I think (one of the teddy bear ones) there adorable and he has the matching lampshade too!!

Last edited:
This made me excited! Can't wait to start decorating :) we are just having cream, with lemon curtains and zeddy and parsnip decor from mamas and papas. Can't wait to get it started :) x

To whoever was doing white and mint I've just realised my ds's curtains are white mint and a pale brown from the loved and adored range at babies r us I think (one of the teddy bear ones) there adorable and he has the matching lampshade too!!

Me me me! Will check that out!

I love decorating and putting colours together! I. Doing 3 Walls White and one mint or pastel green with a white decal on something like this...

Ours is all finished now! its light brown at the bottom and cream at the top with a teddy bear border and Teddy bear wall decals from Ebay, OH finished putting furniture together today so will have to upload a pic :) Can't wait to have a baby in there now though lol! x

Me me me! Will check that out!

I love decorating and putting colours together! I. Doing 3 Walls White and one mint or pastel green with a white decal on something like this...

Sorry on my iPhone I find it hard to read stuff!!! The curtains are the ones with the tie backs that are teddy bears with Velcro on the hands (so cute!!!) they really are lovely but not very thick but I found most nursery ones aren't but we've got a blackout blind too so it's just decoration!! Their bedding for the cot is the same but there definately babies r us as I checked with oh!

Well, we put the cot up tonight and the nursery is now finished!

And I have to say... IT LOOKS AMAZING (if I do say so myself!)

I will try my hardest to put some piccies on because I am so proud of what we have done, it looks so lovely.

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back