False labour but really painful?? Advice pls???

lmarszall

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well i thought it was it yesterday. After having braxton hicks throughout the night then cramps in the morning after losing my plug, then pains every 10 mins i was sure it was labour.

It got quite irritatingly painful and i was breathing through it and even got the tens machine out. But i couldn't figure it out and was going to ask DP when he got back from band practise. So i took two paracetamol instead and then at about 7pm the pains just stopped. Nothing, just stopped completely. I was gutted!

So i went and had a macdonalds, lol!

Anyway i slept ok but got woken up by a really bad pain this morning about 9 am it was really intense.

So i've been timing them again but they vary from every 10 to 20 minutes and are 30-60 seconds. So i am assuming yet again it is false labour. But my god does it hurt! I would have hoped this much pain would at least mean real labour beggining. But all the books say that the contractions should be regular, and these are not really :(

Any advice?

Laura
9 days overdue
xxxxxxxx

Honeslty, it sounds lke early labour

My labour started was really intense. Then just stopped..

the next day my waters went and the fun began..

good luck xx

Labour can start off irregular hunni, mine did and grew throughout the day.
Give it a couple of days and it should go regular, or less as everyones different

oh hun.... really hope this is it this time :pray:

Labour dust ************************************************

Hmmmmmmmm,

Don't want to phone DP and make him come from work for it to just stop again though?

Not sure what to do, maybe have a bath?

I don't want to do anything to make it stop but also it hurts and i would like to ease the pain a bit, loL!

xx

lmarszall said:
Hmmmmmmmm,

Don't want to phone DP and make him come from work for it to just stop again though?

Not sure what to do, maybe have a bath?

I don't want to do anything to make it stop but also it hurts and i would like to ease the pain a bit, loL!

xx

have you a birth ball...

bounce on that it really helps :)

Yeah i'll gove tht a go.

Gonna have a bath first i think,

I've been timing them and this is what they are:
9.27, 9.37, 9.48, 10.13, 10.27, 10.37, 10.42, 10.56, 11.00, 11.13, 11.28, 11.32.....

Does it sound like false labour,like i say it was similar yesterday then after a few hours just stopped :(

Lau
x

This is exactly how mine started, can you go for a walk? I had a bath with clary sage, that seemed to bring contractions on more strongly.
*******LABOUR DUST**********

dsoenst sound like nothing to me... get bouncing on ur birth ball... u never kno ur waters might go ;) haha

are u having a hosp birth? or home birth?

Hospital birth.

Was planning on midwife led unit but advised not too due to size of baby. Just asked DP to come home from work. Even if its just to figure out the TENS machine, lol!

Gonna have a bath, ouch!

xx

awww bless ya...

only advice ic an give is:

birthing ball..

i lent against the window sill sticking my arse out rocking my pelvis that helped...

bath... get someone to pour hot water on teh bottom of ur back or a shower on the back that really helped thru contractions

good luck hun xx

Bath might hep you ease the pain but can slow you downa bit in some cases, defo try the birthong ball, and have a bath if it gets really bad,it will help

Ooo good luck hun, sounds promising. keep us updated.

that sounds like me last weekend! on friday i had regular period-type pains (turned out to be "effacing pains" which eased off a bit on saturday, by sunday i was in full-blown labour but didnt realise! if u cant walk or talk thru them ITS PROBABLY IT lol dont be in denial like i was!!
good luck :hug:

does sound very promising!
if you get any break in the pain again I'd recommend getting as much rest as you can. . . it sounds like you'll need all the energy you can muster very soon so save some while you can! :)

woohoo :D this could be it hun - best of luck and lots of labour dust.

Oh wow how exciting! It definitely sounds like it, hopefully LO will be here soon :D

All the best Lau, hope it is early labour... keep us updated if you can and good luck! :hug:

Good luck Lau. I hope it's the real thing for you. :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back