Comfort Eating :(

kanga86

Reaction score
As the title says I really can't stop comfort eating while at home on my own. I have no motivation to do anything but eat instead!! :(

For example yesterday I had 2 slices of toast, a chippy lunch, a bag of crisps, time out bar, 2 more slices of toast and a large mcdonalds meal! Now I wasn't even hungry to eat of this! And today I've had a big bowl of cereal, pasta n sauce packet thing, a bag of crisps, 2 time outs chocolate bars and some strawberry laces sweets! I'm not hungry yet I'm sat here thinking what else have I got in the house to eat and pass time :(

Just wish I knew how to stop myself! Xx

I did this after my mc.

I spent a lot of time baking nice cakes and then stuffing my face with them! Boy did I regret it when I got on the scales when I went back to slimming world.

Be kind to yourself hun, it takes a while to get your old self back and feeling right as rain again. When you feel ready to deal with it, I'm sure you will

xx

Oh my days I owe my life to the person who invented chocolate!

I am writing what I eat down now as I too have been eating too much comfort food, maybe try that it def works, although I have decided today is my last comfort eating day, only had ready break toast and half a pack of galaxy counters but the day is still early, I have a mars ice cream calling me from the freezer!

But seriously it doesn't help I always feel great stuffing my face but then gutted when I get in the scales! X

I have been doing the same and I have also decided that today is my last comfort eating today! xx

oh! i have a mars ice cream in the freezer too! yum! no, i must be strong or lazy cos I dont want to move :) xx

Last edited:
Oooh, I havent had a mars icecream in years! xx

Don't be lazy eat that mars ice cream!!! I will if u will xx

I think there is two in there so I will have to try and not go back for the other one! :) xx

i haven't have an ice-cream in years :p

but i couldn't live one day without chocolate (diet chocolate :p)

comfort eating is not my thing as i usually don't eat anything when ia m upset but eating because i am bored its definitely my thing :blush:

i would say to just change your options with healthier ones. there is no need to not snack all day if you snack on celery and cream cheese, carrots, cabbage, cucumber, almonds whatever you think you got the idea.

i am sure its only a phase and once you feel better and things go back to normal or ofc you have a BFP things will change.

what happens if you keep yourself busy or downtown all day etc?

i haven't have an ice-cream in years :p

but i couldn't live one day without chocolate (diet chocolate :p)

comfort eating is not my thing as i usually don't eat anything when ia m upset but eating because i am bored its definitely my thing :blush:

i would say to just change your options with healthier ones. there is no need to not snack all day if you snack on celery and cream cheese, carrots, cabbage, cucumber, almonds whatever you think you got the idea.

i am sure its only a phase and once you feel better and things go back to normal or ofc you have a BFP things will change.

what happens if you keep yourself busy or downtown all day etc?

Is it just me but I was looking through your healthy options and noticed other than almonds they began with the letter 'c' was waiting for c c c c chocolate :( x

mmmmmmmm chocolate i just had to eat the lindt dark chocolate and orange bar i had in the cupboard last night while i was writing this effing chapter. Just wish there was another one for tonight!

Well my dear hubby must be mind reading as he just came home with a new triple choc mars....will update on yummyness.......

i am exactly the same! eating that is! I given myself a week,Monday I am back on healthy eating plan! Enough is enough"! xxxx

Hope the idea of healthy eating great but of ur list I only like cucumber and that is at a push! I just need to try and stopping buying all the crap! Xx

I do that. I just don't buy them.because if we have them we will eat them.
But I do always have diet chocolate, sugar free sweeties, tons of vegetables and berries in the house for snacking.
But I could happily o to the supermarket if we are out of diet chocolate :blush:

Last edited:
Triple choco mars tastes the same as a normal mars bar just even more sickly ha! X

I think normal mars bars are too sickly anyway so I think I will give that chocolate a miss! :)

I need to buy more fruit as if it's at the house I will eat it xx

Had another crazy eating day today, just come back from sausage and chips on the beach!
Has been a lovely day down south east of England.
Anyway, feel like a fat shlaaaag!!
Stuffing my face with anything and everything.
I have decided on Monday I go on a serious diet, I need to shed these pounds.
I really feel motivated to do it, I will do it, I feel like shred the weight, shred the pain of the last 18 mths or so and all this MC and TTC pain.
Get rid of that extra layer and strip back to the old me before I started this painful journey and was blissfully ignorant , becoming pregnant was a wonderful and joyful thing no stress attached, the family I want is easily within my reach x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back