• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Closed - old IVF thread

Awww they all lovely stories :love:

I have a feeling he's just gonna ask me on the sofa watching tv, or during/ after sex ha ha. Just the way he looks at me and the things he says. We arent a typical romantic couple i.e we dont do candles, fancy meals, walks etc. More sex on the stairs, Weatherspoons, and drive to the corner shop ha ha ha but we are so lovey dovey, always kissing and cuddling.

I dont care how he does it, i just want him to ask. Cannot wait to get the ring :)

One of my best frinds just got engaged. Her OH ordered a Moon pig card that said it all.....on his 30th birthday too, so sweet xxxx

Oh so nice to hear your proposal stories! Mine was a Christmas day one too. It was completely out of the blue I had no idea. I had always said if I did get a proposal it better not be on my birthday or Christmas cause that was just squeezing two gifts into one!!

We were incerdibly hungover so opened our pressies in bed. I opened all my gifts and he said oh is there another one in the bag.? I looked away to check the bag and when I looked back he was on his knee (boxers only on) with the most gorgeous ring in hand! He asked and I couldnt answer. He finally had to ask a second time till I snapped out of it. He picked the ring and it fitted perfectly and is nicer and more suited to me than I would have picked! Think its the designer in him!!!

Hiya Tinkerbell :wave:

I hope he cycle is going ok for you so far! :)

I think it's really nice talking about proposal stories and happier times with our hubbys because you can forget yor relationship isn't just about ttc.

I was engaged before my hubby and he did it just by asking while we were sitting on the bed watching tv and I still felt happy and emotional, but afterwards it played on my mind how little thought it required and I felt a bit embarrassed that it was just like any other dull day. Just a thought Chaz if you might feel the same to say something to him before its too late xx

Awww they all lovely stories :love:

I have a feeling he's just gonna ask me on the sofa watching tv, or during/ after sex ha ha. Just the way he looks at me and the things he says. We arent a typical romantic couple i.e we dont do candles, fancy meals, walks etc. More sex on the stairs, Weatherspoons, and drive to the corner shop ha ha ha but we are so lovey dovey, always kissing and cuddling.

I dont care how he does it, i just want him to ask. Cannot wait to get the ring :)

One of my best frinds just got engaged. Her OH ordered a Moon pig card that said it all.....on his 30th birthday too, so sweet xxxx

You sound just like us, my husband wouldn't know where to find a candle and would just moan, moan, moan if we went for a walk haha!

Hiya Tinkerbell :wave:

I hope he cycle is going ok for you so far! :)

I think it's really nice talking about proposal stories and happier times with our hubbys because you can forget yor relationship isn't just about ttc.

I was engaged before my hubby and he did it just by asking while we were sitting on the bed watching tv and I still felt happy and emotional, but afterwards it played on my mind how little thought it required and I felt a bit embarrassed that it was just like any other dull day. Just a thought Chaz if you might feel the same to say something to him before its too late xx

So far, so good. A week into down regging and all seems to be going ok though im slightly worried the nasal spray isn't working because i've had none of those mood swings, night sweats and headaches i've read about :oooo: but not sure if it's just a 'phase' or side effect no one warned me about but i'm so, so hungry lately. The last few days I'm eating then hungry again a couple fo hours later and extra :nap:

Love reading all these proposal stories, we just got married last month and since I got engaged 2.5 years ago i've been proposal and wedding story crazy. My husband popped the question while we were on holiday in 2009, it was a surprise although on the day I was getting suspious of the way he was acting but trying not to get my hopes up because he always said marriage wasn't for him. I always said I'd loved to be proposed to at Disney during the fireworks and there we was in Disneyland California watching the fireworks in a quiet little spot when he popped the question, it was so perfect and magical :love:

Oh Tink that is an amazing proposal! Thats how I would have loved to have been propsed to. That would be magical! Im desperate to go to Disneyworld in Florida. Were hoping next year!!! Im such a big kid but I love Disney!!!!

Hey all, liking the proposal stories, my OH was not very romantic just asked me whilst walking down the street lol

However I am getting married this sat YIPPEE then off for some well deserved sun and fun in las Vegas and Hawaii, so can't wait

Hey all, liking the proposal stories, my OH was not very romantic just asked me whilst walking down the street lol

However I am getting married this sat YIPPEE then off for some well deserved sun and fun in las Vegas and Hawaii, so can't wait

Aww congrats chick! Have a fabulous day!! Try and take in every second as it's the quickest day of your life! And have a fab honeymoon, vegas & hawaii...totes amazeballs :dance: xxx

Awwwww I love weddings, good luck for saturday hunny xx

Thanks all really excited, and to top it off just had a call to say I'm an Auntie, little nephew born at 3am this morning:)

Wow exciting times for you hon. have am amazing day on saturday.

This time next week we'll be off again! First injection next thursday morning!

Had my first hypno session last night. It was really lovely, really looking forwards to the next one!

Our proposal story - we were walking along the beach on holiday at night. I tripped over a sun lounger and was checking my toe for blood when I looked up and he was down on one knee! He picked a really gorgeous ring.

I was hoping it would come soon but knew we were very young so felt like we weren't grown up enough so I wasn't expecting it quite yet...i was thrilled to bits!

Did i read that right? Hypno? As in hypnotising? :eh:

Needle anxieties? Really that bad?

I read a post from someone who was using numbing wipes on the area - have you thought about that?

What does the hypnotist say to you? xx

I know it's irrational and silly as I know they don't really hurt so perfect candidate for hypno. It got silly last time - I was losing sleep and spending all day thinking about then when they were such a small part of it and I knew it. I've been close to being sick several times thinking about doing then again yet I know it's completely ridiculous.

I put a big description about it in my diary in the ttc diaries section if you want to know more about the session

I don't think it's irrational and silly, it's a completely unnatural behaviour to stab yourself with a sharp metal object :)

I was more interested in the hypnotist than casting judgement. I'll check out your diary xx

Last edited:
Blooming eck your blog is awesome xx

Last edited:
Oh Tink that is an amazing proposal! Thats how I would have loved to have been propsed to. That would be magical! Im desperate to go to Disneyworld in Florida. Were hoping next year!!! Im such a big kid but I love Disney!!!!

Yay! Another Disney fan :wave:
I'm the biggest kid ever when it comes to Disney too, infact we just got back from Disneyworld last month after getting married there.
Hope you get to go on that trip next year.

How an amazing day and honeymoon. Try to take in as much of the day as possible, many people tried to warn me how fast it would all go but I couldn't believe how the day just went by in a flash.

We got bk from Disney Florida on sun :) I too am mega Disney fan.
Went to fertility clinic today. All go ahead for ivf. But as my BMi is 18.7 she wants me to start in July cycle and not next week with June's cycle and try and build up my BMi to as close to 20 which is criteria. she said through records she can see I'm naturally small so may not
Manage it. But today I have began the eating everything in site. Hubby wouldn't allow me to buy anythin low fat in asda .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back