• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Closed - old IVF thread

Well, we're here - dr starts this week! Just 3 days to go...

Oomph exciting stuff! :good:

How are you preparing for the transfer? I was asking someone else about FET and they said something about taking drugs of increasing dosage or something - is that what you'll be doing? What drugs are you on and when do you start taking them? Xx

Dr for approx 4 weeks, week 5 continue dr along with one oestrogen patch every other day, week 6 continue dr along with 2 oestrogen patches every other day, week 7 stop dr, continue with oestrogen, add progesterone pessaries twice a day. Embryo transfer will be 5-6 days later and oestrogen and progesterone either stop after otd if unsuccessful or you come off gently at 12 weeks pregnant.

Way more complicated than last time, and a lot longer too

Blimey I didnt realise how long a cycle took, thats almost 8 weeks!!!:shock::shock::shock:

Is that what they call long protocol ?

Last time i did short protocol and it was 25 days from first injection to otd!

Just had to google the abbreviation of OTD .... really need to learn my IVF lingo!!!

Does anyone else feel like the down reg takes forever? I started nasal spray on 6th and time just seems likes it's dragging so much, even more so than waiting for the actual appointment and CD21 to arrive to get started. I can't wait to get started on the injections now, which all being fine on my scan next Monday they should start that day.

Gosh 8 weeks is a long time before ET :shock:

It does tend to grate because you have to mark every day with the drugs so a constant tic toc clock watch.

You'll only be a couple of week ahead of me Scotch and I thought you'd be long gone by the time I got to testing! Another cycle buddy :dance:

How are you finding the nasal spray Tink? I heard it was awful because of the dryness and taste in your throat.

I'm not finding it to bad to be honest Louise, the odd headache and feeling hot but nothing like I was expecting which I'm thankful for.
The taste in my throat from it isn't too bad, it only lasts about 30 minutes after I've taken it and I used to be on nasal spray for other reasons when I was a child so used to the feeling and horrible taste.

Good luck to all of you. I still look on here from time to time to see how you are. Even though baby chip eventually made her way into the world i still cant get over the strength i had to keep trying (glad i did!) Fingers crossed for you all over the coming months.

PS We are trying for our second naturally, Emily is only 4 months but what the hell ;) If it takes another year, we will be doing the ICSI route again!!

I don't know what your waiting around for Kerrie tbh, go see your consultant already ;)

Do you not have any in the freezer?

It's crazy how quickly it all came around for you :) I'm hoping to get to the place where all of this seems like nothing more than a bad dream. I know this guy that had IVF with his wife and I practically had to remind him that he'd ever had IVF at all now he's got his baby lol xx

Well they say you are more fertile after you have had a baby so if this is our only chance to conceive again then so be it. However this probably only applies to those who conceive in a heartbeat??

Only time will tell...

I had no eggs to freeze sadly, only two out of the 16 eggs fertilised at grade one and two and they were both put back. Emily was one of those fertilised eggs!!

I have everything crossed for you in August (apart from my legs) ;)

Slut ;)

Thanks :) Emily is a really nice name, I'm going to put it on my list! :whistle:

Ah yeah, I remember now. Maybe you need to get yourself the same thing I'm having :shock:

Awwww kerrieanne Emily is gorgeous can't believe she is 4 months already. I have already told hubby that once we pop out our first we will start on number two quickly after (theres some PMA for yah lol)

What does the nasal spray do ??

Hi all! Been out of the loop as my dad was down all weekend :)
Tinkabel -- oooo just one week till injections - who'd of thought we'd all be looking forward to jabbing ourselves with needles!?!:shock:

AF swooped in on me this weekend -- 11 days earlier than expected!? I tried my luck and called the clinic to see if they had earlier appointments but no joy. So microgynon for me for a whole month till hopefully injections start 18th July.

Given everyone's various protocols, where are we all on official test days?

I think ours will be around the 20th August. xx

Whatever happens next along this infertility road i will take one step at a time and if i never get another chance to be pregnant again i will be happy with Emily. She is a very wanted baby and is so loved, trying for her was worth every dead end that always seemed to lay before me.

I've kept a diary so that Emily can one day look back on how much we tried for her and she will know, she is that something extra special ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back