Clary sage

Hemera

Reaction score
sorry if this has already been asked but the midwife suggested trying clary sage oil to try and bring on labour - so like the good little girl I am I went to buy some but now i'm not sure what to do with it - do i sniff it or rub it in or plop some in the bath? should really have asked the midwife when she suggested it but i was concentrating on remembering what it was called :p

I'm going to stalk this, as I'm due xmas eve I'd like him to come a day or 2 early if poss so might have to give this a try at 39 weeks!

I've been bathing in about 10 drops of the oil every night for the last 2-3 weeks and so far its done nothing for me :( you can't use essentials oils directly onto the skin so apply it with a carrier oil (almond or grapeseed - can find this in health stores) or mix it with baby oil - this too hasnt worked for me unfortunately. Its very strong so you'd only need a tiny drop into a tissue to inhale it, or inhale it via a warm bath. Might want to open a window slightly as it is very strong and its given me a headache once or twice. It might work for you hun, its worth a try but its done absolutely nothing for me sadly :( it is very good relaxing you though and helping you to sleep xx

I'm going to get some tomorrow. You can put a few drops in bath, put it in oil burners round house to bring on labour. Apparently sniffing it also helps once contractions start. Fingers crossed it works for us both. Xx

I've been thinking about using this too.

Im sure I read a thread recently where someone was rubbing it onto bump, must've been put in some lotion or something.

:)

I might try rubbing it into bump more, not got a lot of confidence in it though cuz I'm sure it wouldve started something by now lol xx

I'd say you should go for it - why not??

We've nothing else to do all day but wait about for baby anyway!!

:roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back