Clary Sage Oil

kanga86

Reaction score
So after the dramas of yesterday everything has stopped today :( I am really upset and pissed off as thought something was happening! I know this can go on for weeks before labour starts, but thought I would give clary sage oil a try. Anyone know where u can buy it from? and what to do with it?

Gonna try bouncing on my ball today and walking to the shops to find clary sage oil if I can. Limited to where I can go due to not having the car. xx

Health food shops stock it. I've heard it's cheaper online though. You can put it in your bath or into a carrier oil/cream and use as a massage

Yeah clary sage is completely safe used in the right doseage which it gives you on the box. I used it in my baths all the time from about 38 weeks kanga. I got mine from hollanand barrett xxx

My piece of shit galaxy ace

It's advised not to use it until over a certain number of weeks-I can't remember what it is though. I didn't use it until I was overdue. I'm not aware of any risks to baby etc (unlike castor oil for example)

i'm hoping it will kick start anything off again. I will wander down to holland and barrett in a bit and see if they have it. I'm sure I have heard somewhere that u can rub it into ur bump as well as having it in ur bath? xx

My midwife said 8 drops in your bath without bubbles etc and once the bath has stopped running so steam doesnt vaporise it. Also rub it into your bump with some baby oil. Hope it works its done nothing for me huff. Xx

Yeah, as I said in my first reply, you can put it in a carrier oil or cream and use as a massage oil.
It either worked for me or it was a coincidence ;)

Yeah, I've been putting a couple of drops into some almond oil and rubbing it into my skin. Nothing yet to suggest that it is making a difference, though. As long as you don't use too much, and put it in your bath or a carrier oil/cream it should be safe to use. Must have been really annoying having a false start, but at least something is changing for you! xxx

It could still be the start of something hun :) My friend used it in the bath and think it helped her. Good luck hun :) x x

Like almond oil/olive oil etc it's usually neutral smelling that can be safely mixed with an essential oil to dilute the essential oil. I know people also use aqueous cream or baby oil as well xx

Ok so this is my next call today. Holland and Barrett. Lol. I'm so wanting him here safely. 39 weeks tomorrow so at least it's Safe. Xxx

I've been using it for a week now and it's done nothing for me but good luck!

Just back from town. Went to boots in the end, got clary sage oil, lavender oil and a base massage oil in their 3 for 2 offer. Spent about £14 on the lot! Gonna try mixing up the oils in a bit, and try rubbing into bump, then a clary sage and lavender bath planned for later :) xx

Does the lavender do anything? Or just smell nice?!

Add jasmin too as that helps with contractions xx

I got some today to keep for a couple of weeks before using it. Holland and Barrett have buy one get one half price on everything at moment so I got clary sage oil and raspberry leaf tea for £12

I used lavender and clary sage in my bath-the lavender smells nice and helps you to relax-I used it during my labour too :)

Hope it kick starts things hun. The midwife gave me clary sage to smell to get contractions going to deliver the placenta so if they use it for that it should help with labour xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back