Clary sage oil

Little bean

Reaction score
Hey has any of you tried the clary sage oil yet? I'm going to get some tomorrow for my bath. I've heard good things about it. Xx

I used it in my bath and as a massage oil and went into labour that night/early morning. Could be a coincidence of course.

How many drops did you put in the bath? A few of my friends have said the same, so worth a try x

Sage :eek: !!!!

I could imagine smelling of stuffing and chicken dinner :p

Sage :eek: !!!!

I could imagine smelling of stuffing and chicken dinner :p

Yeah me too lol. How early has everyone been trying this. I'm 37 weeks and a bit worried to start this kind of stuff. Cx

I had my NCT class last night and we were told not to use sage until we are at least 37 weeks. our "tutor" reported everyone she knew to have tried it went into labour within a few days!

Also told not to rub it into your skin during labour if you haven't used it before as it can get to baby. But having it in your bath before labour is fine. Sniffing a tissue with Sage on it during labour is meant to be good pain relief though.

:)

How many drops did you put in the bath? A few of my friends have said the same, so worth a try x

3 I think, I can't remember! Think I used 3 clary sage, 3 lavender. I was 40+3 at the time.

Where have you bought it from, do places like holland and Barretts sell it? I'd like to get some to try from 38 weeks or so.

I got mine from a health food/natural shop so I should think holland and barrett should do it x

You can get it online for about £5.50, holland & Barrett is £9.00. I'm getting mine from Sally's hair & beauty supplies £6.50 x

I just bought some and had my 1st bath with it, I'm going to put some drops on my pillow for bedtime too.
Fingers crossed it kicks things off!

Hey all I put this in my bath last night have been up the assement clinic today I'm 2cm dilated yay. My midwife said to but 8 drops of clary sage in the bath without bubbles and when the water has stopped running. Or 4 drops of lavender oil & 4 drops of clary sage if you don't like the smell of the sage. She said you could also rub in to bump with a base oil. Hope this helps. Xx

I took a bath with 5 drops and each night massaged my bump and back with it in a base oil. 3 days later my little man appeared!

If you put the clary sage oil in some milk then in the bath it won't sit on top of the water :)

I used clary sage the night before I hd baby I put 3 drops into some aqueous cream nd rubbed into my bell, by the same time next night I had baby x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back