Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla and white chocolate frosting

rakrak

Reaction score
Hi all!

Some of you might have read that I was baking these the other night and I have been asked for the recipe. It's really simple to do - honest! (I cannot cook to save my life) and they taste delicious...look impressive too...

200g (7oz) butter, softened
200g (7oz) caster sugar
150g (5oz) self-raising flour
50g (2oz) cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs, beaten
1 - 2 tablespoons milk

For the frosting:

200g (7oz) butter, softened
200g (7oz) icing sugar
100g bar of white chocolate, melted and cooled
Seeds of 1 vanilla pod
Chocolate curls to decorate

Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4.
Line a 12 hole muffin tin with paper cases.
Beat together the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in the flour, cocoa and baking powder, then gradually whisk in the eggs. Add enough milk to loosen the mixture to a soft dropping consistency.

Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and springy to the touch. Allow to cool. To make the frosting, beat together the butter and icing sugar until fluffy, then stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla seeds. Spread over the cupcakes and decorate with the chocolate curls.

When I made this mixture I used the normal sized paper cases and you get 24 cakes out of this mixture. I also decorated the cakes with a mixture of things, some had chocolate curls, crumbled flake, pink glitter and small chocolate crunchie balls... Whatever you fancy putting on them!

Everyone has commented on them so good luck with them and let me know what you think of them...xxx

You've got to - they are delicious...sent them in to work with my OH today and got loads of great comments! xx

Good woman rakrak!!! As soon as my diet is over I shall be partaking!! :love:

Wow, bet your OH's work colleaguesare going to love you being off with a baby and baking !

Did you take any piccys of them when done?

Ooooooh going to make these for church this Sunday! Thank you x

You're welcome everyone... I did take some piccies so will upload them when I get a chance...
Happy baking - they are lovely though...xxx

Ohhh now my sickness is starting to ease I cant wait to get baking again!! I wish we all lived closer to eachother we could have arrrrrfternoon teas with lots of cakes!!! Yum yum lol Ha xx

Mmmm, I'd kill for an afternoon tea with loads of cakes, shame I'm supposed to be on a diet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back