pips, here's the recipe i promised to post!

petchy

Reaction score
pecan nut oat cookies (makes 60ish)

115g/4oz plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
115g/4oz butter or margarine (at room temperature)
115g/4oz caster sugar
90g/3.5oz light brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
75g/3oz porridge oats
100g/3.5oz plain chocolate chips
100g/3.5oz chopped pecan nuts

1) preheat oven to 180 degrees C / 350 degrees F / Gas 4. Grease 3-4 baking sheets. Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl. Set aside.

2) With an electric mixer, cream the butter or margarine and the sugars together. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy. Ad the flour mixture and beat on low speed until thoroughly blended. Stir in the porridge oats, chocolate chips and pecan nuts, mixing well with a wooden spoon. The dough should be crumbly.

3) Drop heaped teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheets, about 2.5cm/1in apart. Bake until just firm around the edges but still soft in the centres (about 15 minutes). With a palette knife transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.

these cookies are so crispy and yummy.... mmmmmm..... they will keep well in an airtight container, unless your OH gets to them! lol :lol: hide them away!!!!!

ENJOY! :D

awwww yum yum hope u dont mind i am taking that lol mum always moans i aint cooking enough lol

no, only pips is allowed to cook these!!! lol :lol:

of course you can pinch the recipe! let me know what you think if you decide to try them! they're my favourites......... mmmmmmm, might make some myself tomorrow unless i go into labour before then!

Thanks Petchy :D I think it's only right I do a trial run of them this weekend :wink:

Lucy
38 + 3

oh wow! thanks petchy!!

it's getting quite late for me now but i have the urge to go and make some.. actually i dont have all the ingredients so will have to wait :(

this cooking and baking thing we have got into is great! i'm loving it :)
let me know if you get more nice recipes, it keeps my mind off the fact i'm starting to get serious pains in lower tum region :?

hoping these are your lucky cookies petchy
take care xxx

hoping these are your lucky cookies petchy
well i've not made any yet (maybe tommorrow if i can be bothered!) so i'm hoping the curry i cooked (and ate too much of!) earlier can be my "lucky curry"!! i did make it quite spicy, now i'll probably end up with heartburn!! better drink some milk just in case!

hope you all enjoy the cookies!

mmm! Lush! Ta for that petchy- they sound so nice! I'm printing this off and putting it in my recipe folder with "Petchy's Cookie Recipe" on the top! I love getting recipes from people as it reminds mf of them when I make it!

Good luck hun- nearly there now!

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back