Share your pumpkin recipes!

Melanie

Reaction score
I thought since there's a few of us carving pumpkins that we could share our pumpkin recipes. No point in all that pumpkin flesh going to waste!!!

Here's mine.

Pumpkin Cake (its gorgeous, if you like carrot cake you'll like this)

ingredients
250g plain flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
400g caster sugar
250ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
500g pumpkin puree (1 pumpkin's flesh baked wrapped in tin foil for 25-35 mins at about 150 degrees then blended)
4 eggs
125g chopped walnuts (optional)

method
Preheat the oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4. Grease and flour a 20x30cm cake tin. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the sugar and oil. Blend in vanilla and pumpkin puree, then beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread batter into prepared tin.
Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool before icing or serving.

Its lush with cream cheese and orange icing!

This is Brian's Aunt's recipe - but it is soooooooo good!!
We usually have it on Thanksgiving :)

1kg pumpkin or squash
400g shortcrust pastry, thawed (or you can make your own!)
3 medium eggs
3tbsp fine breadcrumbs
1tsp ground cinnamon
½tsp ground nutmeg
½tsp ground ginger
200g soft brown sugar
Pinch of sea salt
100ml canned evaporated milk

METHOD

Heat the oven to 180C. Cut the pumpkin into large chunks and bake for one hour until tender. Allow to cool slightly, discard the skin and seeds, and whip to a purée.

Line a tart tin with pastry, prick the bottom, line with weighted paper and chill for 30 minutes. Bake at 200C for 10 minutes until firm, remove the covering and bake for 5 more minutes, then allow to cool.

Lightly beat the eggs. Add the breadcrumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sugar and salt, and beat well. Beat in the evaporated milk and 350g of pumpkin purée. Pour to the top of the pastry case (there may be filling left over) and bake at 200C for 30 minutes or until it is set.

Serve warm, with thick cream.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mel
im gonna make this

SarahH said:
This is Brian's Aunt's recipe - but it is soooooooo good!!
We usually have it on Thanksgiving :)

1kg pumpkin or squash
400g shortcrust pastry, thawed (or you can make your own!)
3 medium eggs
3tbsp fine breadcrumbs
1tsp ground cinnamon
½tsp ground nutmeg
½tsp ground ginger
200g soft brown sugar
Pinch of sea salt
100ml canned evaporated milk

METHOD

Heat the oven to 180C. Cut the pumpkin into large chunks and bake for one hour until tender. Allow to cool slightly, discard the skin and seeds, and whip to a purée.

Line a tart tin with pastry, prick the bottom, line with weighted paper and chill for 30 minutes. Bake at 200C for 10 minutes until firm, remove the covering and bake for 5 more minutes, then allow to cool.

Lightly beat the eggs. Add the breadcrumbs, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, sugar and salt, and beat well. Beat in the evaporated milk and 350g of pumpkin purée. Pour to the top of the pastry case (there may be filling left over) and bake at 200C for 30 minutes or until it is set.

Serve warm, with thick cream.

My sister in law's sister... lives in america and gave my sister in law the recipe for thanksgiving cake (I think thats what it was called)the same recipe as here..... and by golly it was AMAZING! Deeelish!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back