Healthy Cake Recipes

mandspice

Reaction score
Oh the boredom of maternity leave....... :lol: Just thought I'd share these recipes - they've gone down v well with OH's work colleagues and they're healthy too:

Healthy Banana Cake Recipe
Ingredients

75g (1/3 cup) softened butter
110g (1/2 cup) caster (superfine granulated) sugar
1 large beaten egg
225g (2 cups) plain (all-purpose) flour
2 level tsp baking powder
grated rind of 1 orange and 1 lemon (optional)
4 ripe bananas
50g (1/2 cup) chopped walnuts

Method

Grease and base-line a loaf tin measuring 8.5 by 19cm (1 lb capacity), or set 12 paper muffin cases into a muffin tin. Heat the oven to 350F/180C/gas 4.
Put butter, caster sugar and egg into a bowl. Sift in flour and baking powder. Using an electric mixer, whisk until thoroughly combined. Add the grated lemon and orange rind if using.
Slice the bananas into another bowl, and mash to a pulp. Add to the flour mixture, along with the walnuts and whisk again thoroughly.
Spoon the mixture into the tin or cases and bake until risen and browned, and springs back when pressed with a finger. A loaf takes about 50 minutes. Muffins take 15-20 mins.
Leave cake to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning on to a wire tray.

HEALTHY HOME-MADE BLUEBERRY MUFFIN RECIPE
Makes 14. Preheat oven to 375F/190C/gas 5. Sift together 275g (2 ½ cups) flour, 2 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp ground cinnamon. Cut 2 ripe bananas into chunks, and puree in a blender. Add 2 eggs, 130g (3/4) cup soft brown sugar, 90g (1/3 cup) softened butter and 1 tsp vanilla extract and blend again. Pour this mixture into the flour mix, and stir well to combine. Gently fold through 1 punnet washed blueberries. Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes until risen and golden brown. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then put on a wire rack to finish cooling.

Yum!

Oh yum!!! Sounds lovely!!!

I am on the complete other end of the "healthy" spectrum and am away to be making a Sticky Toffee Pudding and some Choc Brownies to take to my friends tomorrow night!! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back