Child Tax credits

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
Still not recieved mine yet! slightly miffed as from Alfie being about 8 weeks old i had to ring them THREE times before i got the forms and now i sent them off just after xmas and iv heard nothing back, because Alfie was just over 3 months old when i sent them back they wont get back dated will they from when he was born. Will they? Iv heard though that its up to 6 months they backdate it, is that true i dont want to get my hopes up as I know they probably wont but does anyone know this for defineate?

They only backdate if you send the form off before your child is 3 months :( Sorry hun

theyre a nightmare i rang them when i went back to work a few weeks ago to let them know my hours had dropped to 15 and my new wages. i had my summary thing sent through and theyd changed the money not the hours?! still aint gonna get anymore but it was an easy request. :wall:

The thing is my claim would of been sent of before had they sent me the forms the first or even second time i called for them vut they didnt and then when they sent them out eventually it was just before xmas how convenient, the fist time they just sent me the book so it should be down on their computers that i called or it should be at least logged if they do not back date it can i appeal as it is entirely down to them i sent the forms off on the 27th December recieved the forms 2 days before xmas so there was only a few days in between where there was no post anyway, what do you think my chances are?

They will back date 3 months - Ewan was 8 months when i applied for mine.

Found this on a website:

Backdating

You can backdate a claim to tax credits if the circumstances entitling you to tax credits have subsisted for the period of the backdating. But a claim may generally only be backdated by a maximum of three months.

Awards of child tax credit are supposed to be backdated automatically by the HMRC computer to the date of birth of the child, or by three months, whichever gives the shorter period.

ah ok so they will backdate for three months thats great i dont mind that then only losing out on a few weeks that makes me feel better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back