FAO all new mummys claiming child tax credits....

lozzi

Reaction score
...When you apply for child tax credits they will pay you back to the day your claim was sent in..

BUT

they shud backdate it to the DAY ur baby is born. It is wrote hidden in the huge manual...

BUT

they just backdate ur money till ur claim UNTIL you make a point...

when u get ur backpay, make sure u are gettin money from the day of the birth, if you dont get the money from teh date ur baby was born RING THEM...

i did this as i only got 100 backpay for 5 1/2 weeks...

just had a letter this morning saying they were sending me a cheque for the oter 164.64..

just thougth id point this out as im sure a lot of ppl in the flurry of new parenthood wont notice...

164 is a LOT of money to a new family!

make sure u get all that you are entitled to ladies...

quick note tho ladies... you can only get up to 3 months backpay... so get ur forms in asap

on no ive missed out on 2 weeks money :( to late now

they automatically paid me 3 months back pay. as i was very slow sending it in :oops:

it took me ages to sned it in and i got back pay off 3 months, i got a cheque the other day and went shopping its great i got quite a bit back you do have to make a piont though as they didnt automatically do mine untill i rang back and then they said that they would request it!

think of all those poor ppl who didnt know and missed out on money they were entitled to...

annoys me that the tax credits ppl are withholding monies to ppl who really need it!

Thanks for the heads up Lozzi, a bit sad that theyre doing this to peeps who really need it.

Do you have to prove DOBirth? eg certificate when claiming this?

i claimed when keeley was four months and a couple of weeks old and got it backdated til when she was born :D

Princess_Puddles said:
When i claimed Harry was 2months & i got it backdated to when he was born[/quote

thats reassuring to know its not everyone :)

I didn't ring them up and tell them Olivia was here untill she was 7 weeks i forgot all about it :oops: , and i got it back dated from when she was born!

Hey all well its always the same with our tax credits last year they didnt pay us enough and credited our account with 1200 i was gobsmacked help buy a few things though :cheer:

Flossy82 said:
Hey all well its always the same with our tax credits last year they didnt pay us enough and credited our account with 1200 i was gobsmacked help buy a few things though :cheer:

Be really careful, they did this to us and took it allll back, we havnt received tax credits for a whole year as we had to pay it back. I rang and spoke to them on three occasions to check the money was ours as well

I am glad that they back date it as we haven't applied yet. We didn't see much point as everything would change again in April anyway! So we will apply in April....

Lyndsey said:
I am glad that they back date it as we haven't applied yet. We didn't see much point as everything would change again in April anyway! So we will apply in April....

in the manual sized "notes" they send you it says that they'll only backdate till the birth or 3 months whichever is least.

so id get it in hunny to avoid losing a few weeks money...

u dont need to reapply in aprli, they calculate the amount till april, then they'll tell u what ull receive after april

there has been a massive change in my wages though and I want the new P60 to reflect that - I would be entitled to nothing If they went on last years.... could I ring them up and discuss this do you think??

Be really careful, they did this to us and took it allll back, we havnt received tax credits for a whole year as we had to pay it back. I rang and spoke to them on three occasions to check the money was ours as well

Will do they sent us a letter saying that they hadnt paid us enough for the year mm i dont know :? I will be careful though thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back