Finally getting Child Tax Credits!!

BubbleOne

Reaction score
Woohoo! :dance:

Finally got my Child tax credits!!

We applied in Dec 05 and was awarded them. Got our Jan 06 payment and then it was frozen and we were told that we owed them Jan's payment back!! I can assure you my OH does not earn more than 56,000 per year so we are defo entitled to them!!
We have called them 28 times between then and now and every single time we have been told something different. Asked them for a complaint form and they sent me a 'What to do if you have been overpaid tax credits' form :shock: How rude!!
Anyway I'd just absolutely had enough. Phoebe is 6mths and I still hadn't got a penny. I went to WatchDog but never heard any thing. So last week I searched the web and found the Directors number!! I rang it and he sorted my Tax Credits in 5mins!! My back payment went in last Friday and I recieved Aprils payment. Now praying for May's!!!

If anyone else is having a nightmare with this then PM me and I'll give you the Directors number :wink:

Excellent Bubble, I'm glad the director had a bit of sense!! I bet that money will come in very handy :D

i was told there would be a delay in processing as they had backlogs etc i got the payment a week later :think: obviously they dont know their arse from their elbow!

There a load or rubbish!! Every time we get letters from them they have different amounts on them and i have to keep them all so i have a huge pile and still don't understand them. They also only paid us £10 a month for a whole year cos they reckon they over paid us the year before, they didn't! You can't get any sence out of them. As far as thier concerned if the computer says it, it must be right! Sorry for the moan but they really annoy me.

Tax credits have just been on the news. I think the tax credits people are pooing themselves because they over paied people. So to make up for it there being total idiots to the people they didnt over pay.

i love my working and child tax credits has just gone up to £626 a month :dance: :clap:
glad u got ur sorted out hun must have bin a lully bck payment

Help guys i have just got my renewal form for these not so long ago and when i rang the i/r the lady told me i had to deduct a certain amount of it being my maternity pay but im not sure how much im meant to take off? Can anyone help? :think:

Flossy82 said:
Help guys i have just got my renewal form for these not so long ago and when i rang the i/r the lady told me i had to deduct a certain amount of it being my maternity pay but im not sure how much im meant to take off? Can anyone help? :think:

Flossy I asked the smae question, they told me to take off £2,600 as that's 26 weeks (6 months) @ 100 quid a week)

Thanks urchin its just that she mentioned something about it but i didnt get what she meant. :D So is that the amount i deduct then when i get my p60?

sarah B-that's a nice healthy amount of tax credits..Is that inclusive of childcare costs? (if you don't mind me asking :wink: )

I get hardly anything! we earn too much to get working tax and my family tax has gone down from £48 a week to £6.00 a week :shock: becuase OH has a new job now and earns more but not that much more! sometimes I think we'd be better off in a lower paid job doing less hours!

I was planning to go back to work part time (used to be full time). Does anyone know if this will affect my tax credits??

Hi kim it shouldnt do when i first started recieving them i was full time then went to part time and it didnt make much difference as they go on your joint income. When you get your renewal forms they go on your income you have earned throughout the year so it will be from 2005-2006 so you will need to put on the form your total earnings for the year and your partners. Dont know weither i helped here or not? :think:

no it dont include child care i get that two its coz im a single mum working 16 hours a week i get it, but i do think its unfair people like lauz get hardley nething

Flossy82 said:
Thanks urchin its just that she mentioned something about it but i didnt get what she meant. :D So is that the amount i deduct then when i get my p60?

Yes, that's right flossy

I've just had all my forms back and my payments have been stopped completely as they overpaid us!!! :evil:
I was getting 50 quid a week, and it really helped! :(
I've always given them the correct figures for us, and I thought I was being good this year ringing up as soon as we got our P60's so everything was in order.
Now I'm getting nothing, I wish I'd have left it till august.

oh urchin that must be a really big pain, its not your fault that they paid you too much stuiped people.

I'm just hoping that maybe now I'm not working as many hours (I'll be working 5 hours a week as of a couple of weeks time) That might make a difference. When they write to me with their explanation I will appeal and say I gave them the right figures every time :?
I heard everyone ranting on the news this week I didn't think it would be me too.

Did you know 1/3 of all people who get the credits were overpaid!?

because we're both self employed we always swing between massive overpayments and underpayments - what p****es me off is they back date the overpayments for the whole year so you have to pay it all back but if they underpay you, they only back date it for 3 months. BUNCH OF BUMWIPES

I get £11 a week, not even worth the whole hassle of filling forms in etc..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back