tax credits

Sarah&Braydon

Reaction score
Has any one else had this problem my dad was claiming tax credits for my sis (15) and i sent of my claim a month ago to claim for BB but i had heard nutting so rang them today anyway they sed i couldnt get tax credits for BB as my dad was claiming for my sis - so i told my dad and he rang them and asked Y and they said there could only be one claiment in a house hold so my dad has had to stop his as i would get more for BB - am i the only one that thinks that is stupid especially as the goverment say 'support ur children if it happens' sorry i am just totally pissed off

thats so unfair. I'm not too sure about this, I remember that when me and my sis were trying to sort out stuff after my dad died I could not claim anything as it would stop my sister getting her child benefit paid as we were in the same address. I would go to the CAB and get this checked out, its not like you are claiming for the same person. Hope it gets sorted x

I agree, go to CAB they are really helpful! i know that you can not claim both working tax and child tax (um i think!!) so i claim child tax and my OH claims working tax. Just got £760 paid in as back payments so am veeeeery happy!!!!! so defintely worth trying your best to sort it out!
Hopefully you can claim, let us know what they say!

The whole tax thing is like another language to me, its so over my head. That voucher that the government send you is still sitting on my kitchen worktop, I just don't know what to do with it!!! There should be more help available for divvies like me who just can't get to grips with it. Not only that but who has the TIME to sort these things out?!!! :evil:
Anyway good luck, I hope you get it sorted, let us know....

i just got my money thro as and i am very happy i have managed to get child and working tax credits and i get £500 every month woohoo and just got over £1000 back dated lol

u do i am on mat leave so i am counted as working lol sadley i go back on the 6th feb

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back