Cheese spread

lesleyann23

Reaction score
Ok so this morning I went to shop for some cheese spread for my scrambled eggs I picked up philidelphia and thought no ill get dairylea then can share with Lo only to realise there is more salt in dairylea. This has shocked me cos its aimed at kids.

Really!! That's bad. Do you know what cheese/cheese spread is ok (low in salt for babies)?? xxxx

I think someone recommended laughing cow to me because of its low salt.

I don't really know much about salt content to be honest but per 25g of dairylea there is 0.4G of salt but philidelphia has 0.3g of salt per 30g serving.

We use philadelphia when feeding LO - she loves it!

you can get reduced fat or i think laughing cow is better xx

blimey had me worried for a min as Devon has started eating soft cheese with bread , I just brought the second tube of it, so I had to run and check when I read your thread, never occured to me as I see it as a small kid thing in my head!

Phew 0.2 g of salt per 25g serving ("Primula" cheese with ham squeesy tube)

Anyone know how much salt a baby should have per day?

Less then 1 gram a day while under 1 years old.
I use whatever, Noa have such a small amount of it. We love any sort with garlic n herbs. Asda own brand or philly x

I usually have low fat for myself so I share with anyone, I'll go check mine x

I don't have lowfat as its mostly Noa that eats it n they shouldn't have lowfat, atleast not a lot

I use the laughing cow light triangle usually but if not I use sainsburys own light x

we used dairylea but I am going to switch to primula as oh eats that anyway

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back