Changing boys nappies!

Sarah13

Reaction score
Any tips? My baby boy is only a week old but Im more used to girl nappies so every time I change his nappy we end up with wee everywhere and a clothes change! He even managed to wee in his own face yesterday, which he wasn't happy about! I've tried the muslin trick but that hasn't worked yet, I'm getting quicker at nappy changes which helps a bit though!

Do you do the thing where you take the nappy off, expose him to cold air, then put the nappy back and wait a minute or so. Apparently when babies are that young they wee when cold air hits them, so if you expose them to the air then cover them back up it should mean he wees in the nappy and both you, his clothes and his face are out of danger :)

I was going to suggest the same as augustmum! It's the only was I managed to stop the fountains everytime!
Good luck!
XxX

I can second that although couple of times he managed to wee at the very end/ I also buy pampers changing mats, life saver for me.

yes i had the same problem, my LO got me in the face yesterday, hubby thought it was rather amusing lol! Luckily I had my mouth closed haha :rotfl:

but since then i have let him have a couple of mins in the air and it seems to be working...

Thanks I'll try that at the next nappy change! So far I havnt had it in my face but was thinking that would only be a matter of time!

Wait until he starts smiling. Lucas weed everywhere the other day and then smiled at me lol. He's generally not too bad with the fountains. We do the trick the other girls have suggested and just make sure we change his nappy really quick. Also watch out for when they go quiet or suddenly stop. This can mean they are about to wee. xx

It's worked the last 2 nappys I've done so fingers crossed I've sussed it now lol. Don't think I could keep up with the washing otherwise!

whe dylan was in scbu the nurses told up to put a cotton bud on the end of his willy :D worked a treat!

Oh yea I forgot they told me that as well! God that feels like a lifetime ago now lol!
XxX

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

The weeing thing will stop as he gets older, wish I'd known some of the above tips when Noah was little :dohh:
For poos I have a 'system' :)rofl:) - lift his legs up and do back and bum, then put his legs down and do around the balls, balls and willy :lol:

Last edited:
Oh yea I forgot they told me that as well! God that feels like a lifetime ago now lol!
XxX

haha yh tell me about it! dylans only wee'd a couple of ties when doing a nappy! its when he gets out the bath he does em quick! literally no time to lie him down! so just put him on the potty :D and then when hes done we carry on getting dressed

Jack's favourite trick is to wee in his clean towel when I pick him up in it after his bath! We both gets soaked and he gets another 'swim'! I think he does it on purpose so he can get back in the bath! lol x

:rofl: yh thats why i stick him on the potty! :D he know the routine now and sits on it rarher than trying to get off :D

Haha yes u had the wee problem!! If u slide a clean nappy under the ok'd one before you remove it as soon as ue cleaned him . Whip the other one off and quickly do up the other new one lol :)

Wait until their hands start wandering. I'm now at the stage where as soon as the nappies off, Charley's checking his willies still there! He gets messy hands quite often :/

Wait until their hands start wandering. I'm now at the stage where as soon as the nappies off, Charley's checking his willies still there! He gets messy hands quite often :/

Matthew has started doing this, its annoying trying to keep his hands away to get his nappy on!
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back