Cellular blankets - how many to use?

ceebee

Reaction score
I'm planning to use cellular blankets until my baby is big enough for sleeping bags, but i'm really worried about overheating. I know things are measured in togs, so how many togs are cellular blankets? I don't know how many times to fold them either?? Any suggestions? xxx

I don't think they specify how many 'togs' a cellular blanket is.. But before I could put Ethan in a sleeping bag, I used to fold the cellular blanket in half, cover him & tuck the excess under the moses basket mattress to tuck him in. I then used the thin fleece lined blanket that came with the moses basket over the top of the cellular blanket & tucked in that in too..
Usually our room is about 19 degrees xx

We had a little swaddle pod which can be very used from birth which was fab.

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

We use two cellular blankets folded in half and just place them on top of her so she can kick them off if she is too warm.

Our room is usually around 21 degrees though. X

Thanks ladies :) it's so hard to gage - our room is pretty cold usually so might have to use a bit more. Hopefully my mummy senses will kick in and I'll just 'know'! xxx

Little miss is lightly swaddled in one blanket (she hates her arms in!) and has another folded in half and over the top of her.
This has been enough for us so far and our room gets pretty cold. xx

My monitor has temp on it. This is one of the MANY things I am over worrying about.

There's so many little things to worry about!! I suppose it depends on the temperature of your room as to how many you use. Wish there was a definitive guide! xx

one of my thermometers had a guide on it....... will try and figure out which one and get the info!!

(I have bath ones and one for each room! )

I know Im not a mum yet, but I know when you fold a blanket it counts as two blankets hun :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back