Blankets...

Hope81

Reaction score
Hey girls:) I hope everyone's gorgeous LO is doing perfect :love:

One more question, please bare with me... First time mum over stressing....

Ok blankets, swaddle wraps, sleeping bags, cellular blankets, muslin clothes etc. how many and what exactly I need? Also what is a cellular blanket? Are those thin blankets that you wrap LO in or jut lying LO on it? But not thick enough for night sleep?
You can see the confusion I suppose... I can't even make a list about what I need :blush:

I have 4-5 fleecy blankets and 4-5 cellular blankets. The cellular blankets have holes in them, like a knitted blanket.

I have a swaddling blanket but my LO doesn't like it.

I use a fleecy blanket and a cellular blanket t night time

Originally I only bought one of each type of blanket, I got given LOADS as gifts when Harlow was born. I have two grobags, didn't get a swaddle wrap as she hates having her arms trapped. 20 muslin clothes, but only use about 1 a day so could live with about 5. x

Jack has 5 different blankets lol

The one we use the most is his beautiful hand kntted shawl from his great Auntie.

He only has a sleeping bag at night because he spins 360 degrees in his cot most nights and would end up under a blanket/quilt.

He has about 30 muzzy's (muslin cloths) but thats because they're his comfort blankets. We used them as burp cloths in the early days and he just grew attatched to them. I'd say no more than 15 would be fine x

I think I have hundreds of blankets!!!we got bought loads and a few handmade I r's. I didn't use the cellular blankets I used a soft blanket on my son. Im glad I have loads as I did go through loads when he had a bug an he was laid on one and covered with another. My lo has a comfort blanket and sleeps with that over his face at times!

I have 2 celular and 2 normal that came in my moses basket bundle I also have to other blankets and that's it I don't use muslins I have bibs in the day and a towel i got in my bounty pack after having James for nights that's it but being my second i know how to minimise the use of things lol x

I was given too many big blankets I actually use 3 big ones and one little (could do with another little) I have 1 cellular (is that the one with holes in?) that I use to shield the baby from the sun the rest have gone to waste. Muslins I go through loads but I use them for everything! I have 2 gro bags I change once a week unless pooed in.

Thank you everyone :love:
I have 3 swaddle wraps, 2 shawl type blankets, I will buy 2 sleeping bags one 1.1 TOG and one 2.1 and 2 fleece blankets.
Does that sound ok? I also ordered a fleece wrap wallaboo blanket for the car seat, buggy, swing etc.
I am so clueless...

I have 3 fleece blankets from primark which wash lovely with a bit of fabric softener sooooo soft. 1 huge cotton cellular blanket from M&P that I just use to weigh the fleece blankets down more than anything, and 1 small acrylic cellular blanket that has a silky bit on the rim which comes in so handy to chuck over the pram when it's too sunny or to put over LO's face now he's obsessed with blankets on his face this blanket couldn't smother anyone. You use the cellular blankets like a regular blanket.

u need loads hun because babies sick on everything, i have 2-3 cottony type ones which are great fro during the day as they not thick, 6-7 fleecy ones, i have got one growbag which he sleeps in on a night 2 massive great big crocheted ones that my mum made me and some massive fleece ones for spreading out on the floor, u can never have enough! xxx

Oh dear I better put some more on the list

Muslins are a must for us - we get through loads! I use one to cover the Moses mattress and sheet, one to lay under LO's head, use them when feeding, when out and about, and generally to catch sick, spills, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back