CELEBDAQ

Wohoo!! I am climbing..... slowly... but still on the up!

trixipaws said:
found it! haha im so dumb

portfolio for: trixxipaws (User ID: 4075815)
i get there in the end hehe

what do i do with it now?

Nothing, I've added you, You'll be on our list in a few days

I thought I did but I added you again anyway :)

please sum1 explain 2 me what 2 do! i dont wanna do anything myself in case i cock it up!

buy some shares in a celeb who you think will be in the papers a lot this week ;)

do i just pick one celeb? is there a limit or anything? is it every week i pick 1? then what do i do?
sorry for all the questions!

trixipaws said:
do i just pick one celeb? is there a limit or anything? is it every week i pick 1? then what do i do?
sorry for all the questions!
you have a certain amount of money and you can buy as many shares in as many different people as you want.

LOL, i just looked and im 7th! god knows how i managed that!

There's diffent techniques, some people "day trade" buying and selling celebs all the time.
Or you can pick a few and sit on them all week till Friday when you get a dividend payout.

The new series of Come Dancing should be rich pickings, but make sure you buy into headline worthy ones!

I know I brought 50 shares in kelly brook last week and they've nearly doubled in price since :D

xSuzx

Urchin said:
There's diffent techniques, some people "day trade" buying and selling celebs all the time.
Or you can pick a few and sit on them all week till Friday when you get a dividend payout.

im still a bit confused sorry! i dont understand shares :( :?

The aim of the game: to make as much profit as you can by buying and selling 'shares' in listed celebrities. The person with the highest weekly percentage gain is crowned Top Trader.

HOW CAN YOU MAKE MONEY?

1) Dividends: Every day we count how much press coverage each celeb gets. Then on Friday the shares you own will pay out a dividend, depending on how much press coverage those celebrities received. The more press coverage a celeb gets, the more money you make. To get the full pay-out you have to own the celeb from Monday to Friday.

2) Capital Gains: Just like in the real world, share prices rise and fall as demand for them changes - so as well as receiving dividends, you can make money by day-trading and buying low (when demand for a specific celeb is low) and selling high (as the celeb gets more press coverage and the demand for them increases). Prices are updated every 20 minutes so you can make or lose money on a celeb very quickly.

Dividends are your reward for investing in a successful celebrity.

Dividends are paid out every Friday. In order to qualify for the full dividend, you must have owned the shares from Monday to Friday . You have to buy a celebrity by close of play Monday and keep them until Friday.

Every week the press coverage (in selected publications) of each listed celebrity is added up and weighted according to our dividend payment algorithm. The dividends are then announced and you will be paid according to the number of shares you own in each celebrity.

For instance, if the dividend on Victoria Beckham one week is calculated at 28p, and you own 5000 shares, you could earn £1400. If you own 2 shares, you would get just 56 pence.

If you bought a share just before the dividends are paid out, you would only get a fraction of the full payment.

NOTE: Not all shares will pay out a dividend every week. If a celebrity receives no press coverage at all, there will be no dividend payments.

Selected publications: Daily Mirror, The Sun, Daily Star, Daily Express, Daily Mail, The Times, The Independent, The Guardian, The Telegraph, and their Sunday equivalents. Please note: the sports pages are not included in the column inch count.

The exact formula for relating dividend payments to press coverage is a trade secret. But the details below should be sufficient to give you a good idea of how much your stocks might pay out at the end of the week.

Every morning, five tabloids and four broadsheets are sieved for celebrity news. When an article related to a celebrity listed on Celebdaq is found, the copy is checked for the number of mentions of that celebrity and then inputted into our system. A mention would constitute the celebrity's full name, nickname, first name or surname.

The dividend payment per share is based on a rate of 0.035 per mention. Once the value per share has been calculated, based on the data generated over the last seven days, the figure is then square rooted to give the final dividend paid per share (providing you've held the shares long enough to qualify for the full dividend).

However, some publications are more celeb-obsessed than others - a front page splash in an upmarket broadsheet is much harder to get than in a red-top, so celebs earn more for it. Up to 12 times as much, in fact! Whereas every D-list celebrity gets a mention in the tabloids, so this kind of publicity earns you less.

Is Celebdaq still going? :lol:

I haven't played on that for, ooo must be a couple of years. My account has probably been removed by now hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back