Can we compare Femur Lenghts??

Lynds77

Reaction score
as I was told yesterday that my baby had very long legs for its age, i was wondering just how long, and what is the average?

I was 20+3 when I was scanned yesterday, and the measurements were:

Head Circumference: 178mm
Abdominal Circumference: 156mm
Femur Length - 34mm

does anyone else mind sharing their measurements and and how far along you were when you were scanned?

Hi again , my daughter was measured at 60 cms long at birth and 8lbs in weight , as I said she was recorded in the hospitals record book as the longest I remember the midwife's comment ' she's come by the metre ! ' lol .That was 1992 so probably been beaten by now. She's 20 now and 6 foot tall.

Hi Lynds...

Heres my measurements at 20wks 1 day -

Head circumference - 174.1mm
abdominal circumference - 156 mm
Femur Length - 33.1mm

I was told my baby's femur length was a bit above average for that stage and I was scanned at 20 + 1. Not sure what the average is for 20 wks.

xxx

My measurements at 20w+1d were:
Head Circumference - 177.4mm
Abdominal Circumference - 152.3mm
Femur Length - 30.3mm

Our LOs femur length is considered 'normal' but on the lower end of the scale..

xx

thanks girls, they are all quite different given how close they are to gestation arent they. be interesting to compare more later on. x

I think there is also a difference between males & females and how they measure....
Though Im having a girl, and she's got quite lanky legs lol
All babies grow at different rates, so I guess it's difficult to compare....

xxx

I can't remember the actual measurements but my baby was measuring 19+6 and her femurs 20+3 lol her legs look soo long and skinny, but both me and her daddy are tall xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Mine are as follows as of 20+4

Fl - 31.9
Hc - 179.6
Ac - 151.2

Xx

i just looked mne up fr you
Head Circ - 186.0
abdo circ - 165.7
Femur length - 35.9

was scanned at 20+6 x

wow, all so different! Mrs V you have skinny baby

i really dont know how she can say my baby has long thighs when all the other measurements are just so different at this stage.

mind you better long legs than a HUGE head! ouch x

wow, all so different! Mrs V you have skinny baby

Haha, yet bump is big! So it is all that chocolate after all lol...we can compare bump measurements soon (midwife will start charting us). Xx

I was scanned at 20+3 and my LO's femur length was 35.5mm

I don't know where she gets her long legs from. I'm a short arse and DH is average height for a man.

Although my sonographer never mentioned it x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I got my measurements off the scan printout that they stuck in my pregnancy notes folder. Mine is yellow but guess all areas might be different. x

I'll be interested to see what mine is next week. Me and DH are tall ... Well he is I'm slightly above average at 5'7 and a bit. He's 6'3.

Please excuse any typos from
My fat fingers!

lol, all my baby measurements come up as big except the femer, i think i might be further gone that the hospital originally guessed at my 12w. My husband is 5ft5" and i'm 5ft2" so i can imagine baby would be short, and although my hubby is a rake now, he was a whopping 9 1/2lbs born and had a big head (not by drs calculations but they were not the ones giving birth to him lol) and was a right chunky monkey lol. (good job I love him)

so my measurements are....

20w+2
HC - 185.2
AC - 157.5
FL - 33.0

22w+2
HC - 215.1
AC - 185.5
FL - 38.8

as I was told yesterday that my baby had very long legs for its age, i was wondering just how long, and what is the average?

Femur Length - 34mm

does anyone else mind sharing their measurements and and how far along you were when you were scanned?

Hey Lynds,

My measurements at 20w 4d are:-
Head Circumference = 182mm
Abdominal Circumference = 160mm
Femur Length = 35mm

xxx

Femur Length - 34mm

Hey Lynds,

My measurements at 20w 4d are:-
Head Circumference = 182mm
Abdominal Circumference = 160mm
Femur Length = 35mm

xxx

you got a big baby there!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics