Measurements at 20 week scan...

jodied

Reaction score
Just wondered whether anyone else had measurements given at their 20 week scan - my sonographer said this morning that baby had a bigger tummy measurement but that this was not unusual at this stage. Just wondered if anyone else has had this?

My fetal measurements were:

Biparietal diameter (BPD) - 48.0mm
Occipitofrontal diameter (OFD) - 65.4mm
Head Circumference (HC) - 182.1mm
Transcerebellar diameter (TCD) - 20.4mm
Abdominal circumference (AC) - 159.9mm - this is the one that shows at the top end of the scale
Femur length (FL) - 34.5mm

My little one measured off the scale for his head circumference, abdomen and something else although his femur length was mid range. He came out a perfect size, although breech, and nothing out of proportion at all!!!
sometimes I think it is to do with the position they baby is in when they are measured as Oliver's head is a perfect size for his body and given that his tummy was supposed to be huge he was only 7lb 6oz!!

I wondered about this too to be honest.

All of the measurements for my little man were in the 50th percentile but were all measuring at near enough 22 weeks and I was just 20 weeks when I had the scan. She said he was generously sized but i'm wondering if that means that i'll have him a bit earlier?

My fetal measurements were:

Biparietal diameter (BPD) - 51.8mm
Head Circumference (HC) - 187.3mm
Transcerebellar diameter (TCD) - 19.3mm
Abdominal circumference (AC) - 152.3mm
Femur length (FL) - 33.9mm

mine was 20 weeks 6 days :S and some are smaller and bigger lol x

I don't think they always know what they're on about. My usual midwife was doing her feeling of my tummy (no discernable bump til 8 months gone) and measuring of the fundus bit, and predicted a baby of nearly 8lb. She was wrong wrong wrong! I had a lovely diddy 6lb 13oz baby and she was damned skinny til she was 1, as well! I'd not worry too much about measurements - they're just numbers :)

I have always had little babies, 5lb 12, 6lb 8, 4lb 6 (prem), 6lb 15, 6lb 13. mine always measure quite big at 20 weeks scan but its when i get later on the growth slows down.

my measurements are as follows
AC 155mm
HC 184mm
FL 33mm

they are all the measurements i got I have no idea what it measurd in weeks or where it is on the chart as i was never told and never put in my notes either.

I have absolutely no idea what my baby's measurements were! Do they normally tell you? She just said everything with baby was fine.....I did comment that it's belly seemed really chubby and she said that was normal in pics at 20 weeks, she said at 12 weeks they're all head and legs and at 20 weeks they are all belly! x

Thanks ladies for all your comments that's really put my mind at rest!

mdsremos - that just shows that it doesn't necessarily mean I will have a big baby so I'm pleased about that!

Lexusno1 - that's what I thought too - maybe I'm just a few days ahead of what they think!

misscrazycooki and mumofmany - thanks for your measurements - they're not that different to mine so that's reassuring and you've had small babies before mumofmany

amandapanda - mine were all on a printout that they stuck in my maternity notes but that's good if they said they look all belly at 20 weeks

really glad I asked as you've all been very helpful! :) thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back