Cake Making & Baking

I am after making some blondies and recommend a butterscotch chocolate bar would anyone have any suggestions as all I can come up with is a caramac!
Wf thanks for the recipe I will give that a go!!!!

Ahh Jenny soma fab cakes there they are amazing..... Will know where to come for some tips xxx

I am after making some blondies and recommend a butterscotch chocolate bar would anyone have any suggestions as all I can come up with is a caramac!
Wf thanks for the recipe I will give that a go!!!!

Waht about using Dime bars maybe?? They are as close to butterscotch as I can think of xx

Mmmm yeah a Dime is very similar, orrrrr, those werthers original choccy things, not the hard sweets, but those new ones they started doing?

I have a lot of older 'classic' cake recipes, lots of older books from family :)

I love making my Nanny's three best sellers (as was, at their allotment shows in the 1980's!!).
Chocolate sponge with chocolate butter cream frosting (normally done for Easter with lil fluffy yellow chicks and Cadbury's mini-eggs on top!!), basic Victoria sponge, but with vanilla butter cream frosting in the middle instead of fresh cream as it keeps longer in the tin! and her much-loved lemon-iced sponge which still gets my brother excited, even if mine is not exactly the same as hers, it's very similar! Must be eaten with a cup of tea at 3pm on a Saturday.

I made some cupcakes before Christmas that were filled with white and milk chocolate chunks and had chocolate butter cream frosting on top..... they were a seriously guilty treat.

My pistachio and lime cupcakes went down rather too well :lol: I had forgot how much I enjoy baking... Shame we are both on diets ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh R lime and pistachio sounds fab!

Lander I ALWAYS get excited at the thought of lemon drizzle/iced cake its got to be one of my all time fav cakes....TO EAT that is lol ha xx

Lander I ALWAYS get excited at the thought of lemon drizzle/iced cake its got to be one of my all time fav cakes....TO EAT that is lol ha xx

It's a solid layer of icing, I think maybe she used some Royal Icing, rather than just the standard stuff, but it's made with Lemon Juice, no water! Her sponge mix was more dense than mine, but we have no clue what recipe she used.... No one in the family has really tried it but me, she passed away in 1997, whilst I was still sitting my G.C.S.E.s.

Ahhhh that sounds fab! When I make my lemon and poppyseed cakes and muffins I also use lemon juice to make the icing...maked it gorgeous and tangy!

Its great tho that your carrying on her recipe....xxx

Oh only just noticed this thread

I LOVE baking :) actually I love cooking in general
And ill give anything a go. My current fav recipe is one of nigella lawsons for a vanilla cake....its so yummy and easy to make

I got a new shiny mixer for my birthday at the beginning of the month and cant wait to give it a try, also got some new icing bits so im thinking ill do some pretty cupcakes this week

Ahhh I just love anything made by Nigella Lawson.....shes my food hero lol.... Dont forget to post your cupcake pics....xxx

Ahhh I just love anything made by Nigella Lawson.....shes my food hero lol.... Dont forget to post your cupcake pics....xxx

god I love her :) she makes food I actually want to eat (unlike a lot of the other tv chefs/cooks)
plus you looks fantastic all the time and is happy to actually eat :)

Dont worry Ill make sure you get pics, Im just looking to see if I have any pics of anything from the past

god I love her :) she makes food I actually want to eat (unlike a lot of the other tv chefs/cooks)
plus you looks fantastic all the time and is happy to actually eat :)

Dont worry Ill make sure you get pics, Im just looking to see if I have any pics of anything from the past
Totally agree...she doesnt make anything look bad no matter how much naughty stuff is in it lol! Love it.....

Yeah def post some pics....some of mine are on here but most are on my FB page if you fancy having a look feel free....
xx
http://www.facebook.com/friends/edit/#!/pages/Kilvingtons-Krafts/229023465943

Totally agree...she doesnt make anything look bad no matter how much naughty stuff is in it lol! Love it.....

Yeah def post some pics....some of mine are on here but most are on my FB page if you fancy having a look feel free....
xx
http://www.facebook.com/friends/edit/#!/pages/Kilvingtons-Krafts/229023465943

oh your cakes look lovely :) I can't find any photos of mine, I thought my facebook would be full of them......but apparently not, I think the problem is they don't last long enough to get photographed lol

Hubby is excited about the prospect of cakes now

Thank you :) Ha I know that used to be the case when I first started making them but they know they arnt allowed to eat the ordered stuff lol!

feel the need for a carrot cake soon! Yum yum xx

Im saving up for a Kitchenaid mixer, anyone got one? Should have bought one this week but spent all my money on a new camera!

Oh no it is a new gadget RM? Ive got my trusty Kenwood which does some of the hard work me....lol xx

My oh's mums banana cake is the best and she's now given us the actual recipe now so might have a go when I get some bananas!!

My mums fruit cake is also a classic!I don't like glace cherries and peel in a cake so her recipe is perfect!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back