Cake Making & Baking

Oh I love banana cake...... i sometimes put coconut in mine yummy.....

Ahhh we should have a thread where we can post recipes to swap....Im always up for trying something new....xxx

Hi, I had a cupcake business for a little while but downgraded it to a hobby when I started an OU degree, I've kind of moved into big cakes now but just learning to do all the techniques!!
I have a fab cherry bakewell cupcake recipe that was really popular with my customers and very easy to make, I'll try and dig it out and post it up for you!!

Also I got a whoopie pie tin for xmas with a recipe book, not tried any yet though so if you do let me know how they go!!!

Oh that would be good Bunny I love bakewells yumyum!! Im intrigued to see what a whoopie pie is once its made up so if any of you lades make pne post a pic please....xxx

Woopie pies look nice and like oreos but look extremely sickly lol

well I have been away with work the last week so no baking has taken place yet lol

I have made whoopie pies before tho, they are pretty tasty, I did a couple of different ones one lot of chocolate and one lot passion fruit which I thought were yummy.

There is a bit more involved than a regular cake but thats mainly cus of the stuffing bit :)

Sorry I didnt take photos lol

Ohh still sounds yummy TPC.....Im just debating if I should make a carrot cake today I SOOOO want a slice lol xxx

I like baking I am only a beginner I have just got a mixer so I made a trusty Victoria sponge cake
5acc62fc-6c8c-d3a4.jpg

That's my cake it does taste nice lol x x

Not as good as yours wilma. I shall keep on baking lol x x

Any ideas on thickening buttercream?more sugar or butter?

WF - any other recipes for buttercream would be great!!!!

I use.butter and icing sugar and a little vanilla ess normally thicken with icing sugar x x

Hmmm not sure about thinkening TB....is it really runny? A spell in the fridge should sort it out...if you have over mixed it that will have creamed it too much causing it to go runny.....

Have you got my frosting with cream cheese recipe?

Why done I start another thread in hobbies and we can all share our recipes in there then they are all in one section....I will start it now and put some of my muffins and cookie recipes in etc etc feel free to add everyone xx

Hmmm not sure about thinkening TB....is it really runny? A spell in the fridge should sort it out...if you have over mixed it that will have creamed it too much causing it to go runny.....

Have you got my frosting with cream cheese recipe?

Why done I start another thread in hobbies and we can all share our recipes in there then they are all in one section....I will start it now and put some of my muffins and cookie recipes in etc etc feel free to add everyone xx

i dont have cream cheese in but i have your muffin recipe! hmm i think i will try again another day as H was not helpful while i was making cakes!

Ahhh shame!

Do you use a recipe for butter cream or just add as you go??

I just find if it goes runny I just fridge it for a little while and it usually sorts it out....also if colouring it I always use powdered colourings as the liquid ones also make it more runny...xxx

a recipe but it was american measures.....i do have the cups but maybe i did it wrong....oh well i can only try again as i have extra icing i might put it in the fridge would half hour be long enough? I was trying to pipe the icing too which was actually quite fun!!

As long as you have used the same cups it should work...sometimes its trial and error tho.... Yeah try a half hour....adding too much icing sugar will only sweeten it rather than thicken it once it gets to a certain point but yeah bung it in the fridge then try piping it xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back