Cake Making & Baking

polo_princess

Reaction score
Have we got anyone on here thats into this? As a hobby, or as a profession?

I looooooooove cake making, started off making cupcakes and then moved onto bigger cakes, its so time consuming though :whistle:

I posted the pic's of AJ's birthday cupcakes I made :dance: They should be in this section somewhere.

I like doing cupcakes, just havent got the time really. A bit scared to advance onto larger cakes :oooo:

Yup meeeeeeeeeee.....not sure if your on FB or not but Ive got loads of my cakes on there and have a couple of links on here tooo.....i love it! xx

Has anyone had a bash at whoopie pies? I see theyre a big trend atm but im not overly keen on them, very very sickly!!

Oh never even heard of them waht are they? Just trying your ink now will request to add you if I can get onto the link! xx

Theyre like 2 soft macaroon type things with a marshmallow filling inbetween, seem to be the new "cupcakes" :lol:

Coolio, i'll keep an eye out on FB for you

I need to find a way of making cherry bakewell cupcakes, but im unsure which way round to do the flavouring, its my favourite cake flavour, i WILL find a way somehow :lol:

Oh interesting! Hmmmmmm Ive just got twomore fab cupcake books for christmas recipes in them but a lot of the time I experiment and try different flavours together and see if they work! I have a fab Choc and guiness recipe Ive gave it to a few of the ladies on here they are scrummy!

Bakewell....Hmmmm would you be wanting to add the frangipan to them or just flavour them with cherries and almonds? I also do a lovely cherry and coconut muffin/cupcake too! Yummy we can swap some recipes if you like xxx

I love making cupcakes and cookies but I'm a serious beginner :blush: I use the premade mix but mix it up a little :blush: What's the main ingredients to make a basic sponge from scratch? x

What do you mean premade mix? For the sponge or the icing?

WF ... not sure on the frangipan, where would it go? I could always inject a little into the centre of the cupcake, doughnut stylee.

I kinda just make things up as i go along, depending on what i see in my cupboard :lol:

When I say premade mix I mean everything is practically done you just add in your eggs etc :lol: Like the Tom and Jerry buns :lol: I would love to know how to bake, I honestly would be at it all the time.. I need a hobby :whistle:

Best way to start FM2B but making them from scratch is so simple......give it a go you will surprised at how easy they are!

Yeah PP I would maybe put some back batter in, then a random blob of frangipan then top up with batter again....I bet they would be really nice!!!

Ahhhh I cant wait to get baking again asap!! xxx

I might give it a try once the new year dieting slows down.

I dont actually like eating my own cakes very much, by the time ive spent hours slaving over them, covered in icing sugar the last thing i want to do is eat them :lol:

I got a new Peggy Porschen book for xmas though (she's my cake hero :lol:) and there is a great cupcake dipping recipe that i want to try out. Ive tried dipping lots of times and failed miserably

i made my wedding cake
f.jpg

Ah Mnight thats FAB I love it! I cant wait to get back to it all Ive missed baking the last few months....just couldnt stand it all with the MS being that bad lol! Yumyum!! xx

I have just bought the complete magnolia bakery book and ordered a whoopie pie cookbook and whoopie tin to give them a go! I love baking and usually do everything before xmas and am gutted I couldn't do anything this year! But new year and I shall bake something at least once a month (I have so much stuff left over from xmas I'm going to eat that first lol)!

Hiya all. I love making cupcakes and have just completed a beginners cake decorating course. I start the intermediate one on the 10th January. I do loads of other arts and crafts and wanted to try something different. It's very time consuming, especially having a little un but it's good fun. I did my first proper cake for a 70th just before Christmas and it went down a storm. Just need to keep practising though...if you're mates with me on FB then I've got a few piccies showing my attempts...xxx

Ah ladies isnt baking addictive and sooooo rewarding!
I love baking for others too..... dh often gets a request from the lads at work to aks his 'mrs' to make them some of my lovely muffins lol really cant wait to get cracking again!

Rakrak not sure if your on my facebook but heres my link to some of my cakes if anyone wants to add me and compare recipes of stuff weve all made etc etc!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=160452&id=525932274

Ah Tinkerbell, I have an older magnolia bake book my dd bought me a few years ago and has some fab stuff in I should update it tho!

Whats everyones favourate flavour muffin, cupcake or large cake to make??

I think mine has to be either carrot cake or my yummy choc and guiness muffins....xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back