Buddy thread - keep up with each other!

I daren't get on the scales lol!! :oops:

Well, so much for my worrying about weight gain...I got on the scales at the doctors the other day and I have gained 6 pounds in two weeks! Ulp! That can't go on! We shall be moving to a newer sensible eating plan shortly... :wink:

Sue

I think my weight is about right, but I wasn't able to weight myself this weekend as we were away, so I will weigh again next week.

I don't seem to have any cravings yet, I'm still going to the gym and my appetite is a bit above normal, not too much. In 23 weeks I have put on about 12 pounds, and I'm pleased with that.

Hello

Well I feel rubbish at the moment and didn't expect to until 7.5 months. Everything aches. I feel saddle sore bizarrely enough (although I've been nowhere near a bike), I have back ache and I'm getting more tired. It's hard to turn over in bed and sometimes my bump aches.
A woman I work with is due the same time as me and is skipping round like a little lamb. I think i'm missing the blooming stage. :( What a whinger.
How's everyone else (if you're feeling good please lie to me)?

I am mostly feeling good but maybe you will feel better if I list my ailments?

Itchy nipples which need lots of olive oil.
Very very sore tail bone (coccyx) from too much sitting down and it drives me nuts when we go out for the evening and also at work.
Terrible round ligament pain over the weekend, when I was having a supposedly romantic weekend away. Couldn't walk faster than about half a mile an hour. Very painful stitch all around the bump. I really struggled to get anywhere and had to keep sitting down.
Slight backache some days from sitting awquardly at my desk to stop my tail bone hurting.

Failing that, I feel wonderful! No tiredeness, nausea, headaches. I am definitley blooming and trying to count my blessings.

The best bit is the super fuss from the DH. He is being very attentive and I am milking it!

:D :D :D

Bah!!! not good enough but thanks for trying. I felt ok last week maybe I just did too much over the weekend. I could fall asleep at my desk today. I'm planning to work until mid December but that seems so far away.

Lou

Have you got any annual leave left to take?

I have decided to use mine up to take short weeks during the end of november and december.

I intend to work just mondays, wednesdays and fridays and the idea is appealing to me more and more every day, the bigger and clumsier and achier I get!

Unfortunately I'm on a 6 month temping contract so I don't get paid holiday. Grrrrr!!!! Sounds like a lovely idea though.

I know how you guys feel - I'm 23 weeks tomorrow and some days I feel like your colleague, Louise, and I literally do skip around, I'm an infant teacher! Other days I'm all heavy and bloated and my bump hurts. I have been having more backaches lately, and I find that a swim and a jacuzzi help that... But I am getting bigger and more awkward.

Sarah, you're great to go to the gym...sometimes I feel so tired when I get home from work that I'm dizzy and not much up for my dinner, which is why I suspect I've been snacking more. grrr. I've been taking a supplement called Floravital on my doctor's recommendation, which is liquid iron and vitamins, and I have to say that it's vile, but it's helping, if I don't count the constipation! Plenty of fruit and muesli, eh?

Sue

Hey Louise I feel crap too!!

Last week I had a terrible stomach upset and was in agony all week with stomach cramps etc. Then over the weekend I have developed the worst cold and headache ever. Also, I feel like I am carrying an elephant and can't stop eating.

Worst thing is I must look well because people keep commenting on how I'm 'blooming', yeah right, if only they knew!! So there's no sympathy for me lol!!

Feel better now?

Hey everyone!
I am really suffering with back ache this time around!! it's killing me I hate it! Tiredness is a big Factor in this pregnancy too :(

Other than that I'm doing good! Haven't seen the midwife since week 16 and I don't see her until week 28 so I've got a while to wait yet!

Oh dear! I feel a bit guilty now hoping that everyone felt rough.
Thanks for the reassurance though - it's nice to know I'm not alone. :p

Tiny Sue

To keep yourself regular I recommend lots of water, kiwi fruits, melon and wholemeal bread.

I have really upped my levels of these things since getting my BFP and I am successfully avoiding the dreaded constipation so far!

The kiwi fruits are also a major vitamin C boost as well

Hope this helps.

Sarah, thanks...

I am better this week and have cut down on my chocolate etc, but still like my sweet things, I'm having more fruit and muesli and wholemeal stuff.

I have however put on about another 2 kilos or 4 to 5 pounds in a week. That seems excessive to me, and a friend remarked the other day, "the rate you're growing, that child will be fine and big".

No! I want a nice petite tidy bump and a nice petite baby, thank you! They can do all their growing outside me where they can't tear my perineum! ME NO WANT EPISIOTOMY!!!!! :oops:

Ahem...sorry, just feeling a bit mad this evening. Blame the hormones. I do.

Sue

Well I seem to have only put on a pound in the past fortnight :shock: :?: :?: :?: which I am very shocked about because the hubby took me away for a weekend away last week and we ate for england! You name it:- pringles, sweets, big fried breakfasts, pizza, chips, huge moroccan meal. Also during the week before I had a massive appetite and couldn't stop eating.

Obviously my little hollow-legged boy stole it all from me! He's like his dad already!

Tiny Sue said:
I have been having more backaches lately, and I find that a swim and a jacuzzi help that... But I am getting bigger and more awkward.

Sue

can you have jacuzzi's now then??

i havent asked this time round but before i was told your not allowed in them or foot spas coz of the bubbles and jets, i cant remember why the midwifes said they were bad now tho.

Id love a jacuzzi, like you said, it must really help with aches and pains.

I will have to ask my midwife and find out, if we can im striaght down the lesuire center! lol

I thought that Jacuzzis got a bit too hot for pregnant women and they don't get cleaned enough so you can get infections?

Don't know how true it is though

:shock: `
I had no idea! I must have a look in my pregnancy bible and see! The gym staff said no problem, and our local hospital offers them as part of labour pain relief, though I would say that in labour it's probably all academic anyway!

Speaking of labour and birth, I have started to get this little thrill of anxiety (not all bad, some good) when I see myself in the mirror lately. I'm so big and awkward...and I think about all the changes in my body and in our lifestyles after baby is born and I get this scared feeling...anyone else?

PLUS babies being born all around me here, all the pregnant moms of my kindergarten class have started to pop!

Two girls so far...

Sue

Tell me about it. i have been feeling like this since I felt the first proper kicks.

The reality of being a mum really hit home and took me by surprise.

Most days I feel positive but I do get waves of being daunted and overwhelmed, but I think that is natural.

I think it's partly cos I haven't been married for that long either, and thinking about caring for a home, a job, a marriage, a partner and a baby ( do I see "myself" in there anywhere?) is a bit daunting...but hey, it all seemed so easy when we were single didn't it?

*L* I am positive too! Can't wait to hold the little sproglet.

My motto...I love children! But I couldn't eat a whole one! My pupils think that is a howl - their parents just think I'm crazy.

Anyone getting tired of the "it's all ahead of you, girl!" and the knowing looks? I hope to enjoy my mothering experience and don't like the rueful "I thought it would be easy too" comments or the "It will be lovely when you have only one, wait till you come home to three other kids and have to look after them too!"

Ranting about everything tonight!
:lol:
Sue

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2