Buddy thread - keep up with each other!

I'm sorry too Kim, I didn't mean to be negative.

Baby really picking up with the kicks now...all sorts of motions felt by me only on the outside of my tum, but every time hubby feels I think his hands must be cold or something because baby goes to sleep then and there! Weird or what?

Been having a yuk week at work, doing a hard job getting all those little ones to behave and amusing them all day...and so far two parents not happy with something I've said or done...I may feel different when I'm a parent myself but I can't believe that nobody sees the good stuff. Felt like quitting twice this week, and I've always loved my job... :cry:

Not really moaning but sometimes teachers get a raw deal, you know? There are bad ones out there, but most of us really bust our butts. Feeling really sad and disillusioned this week, I thought that stuff would go well until my maternity leave and that I'd be satisfied leaving the kids half way through the year. Instead I want to walk out on them after only two weeks!

:cry: :cry:

Sue

And now, my lovely torti cat, Murka, has just been run over by a car and killed. Weirdly bad day, eh?

Sue

Oh Sue I'm so sorry. I know what it's like to lose a much loved cat and my heart's breaking for you.

Big hug
Louise

I knew it would happen eventually, we had only let them out for the first time a few months ago and we live beside a busy road. They were much happier outside. But Murka wasn't afraid of cars. Her son Fats is, but he's all lonely now. Do you think we should get a male or female kitten to keep him company? Or do you think we should just leave it at the one cat?

Sue

Hi Sue

I'd get another one to keep Fats company. It may take him a while to get used to but it will keep him company.

x

Thanks Louise...

We thought about getting a cat or dog but someone else said to me that we should concentrate on the baby right now and leave the new pet for a couple of months until we know they won't get jealous of baby. I am wondering if Fats - a neutered Tom - might get jealous himself! I know Toms don't take kindly to other kittens, if I had a "kitten" do you think he'd be jealous? Am I being silly about this?

Sue

Hi Sue

I think it depends on the cat. When I got my kitten my other cat - adult female 8yrs - left home for 3 days (sat at the end of the garden under a bush). She came back though and was ok after that. She wasn't ecstatically happy but she tolereated in and now they get on well.
However, my aunty got a kitten to keep her 5 yr old neutered male cat company and they got on straight away.
If it's a cat I shouldn't worry too much about the baby. It should be fine.
Louise

My belly at 21 weeks!

It will be a big picture so I apologise in advance!

sarahw21weeksupright.jpg

Great picture Sarah. I could fit 10 of your bumps into mine :lol:
I've put on 1st 2lbs now so that's ok I think. How about you?

Hey Sarah, lovely picture...I think we are about the same size, though your bump is prettier than mine! I don't have the courage to wear wee minis like that...

I haven't actually gained weight at all yet which is worrying me a little...I lost a half stone in the first trimester and have just about regained that...but otherwise no...weird huh?

Sue

I wouldn't dare wear a skirt like that out in public! My tummy is hairier than before and I have a varicose vein on my thigh that is really sticking out now that I am pregnant. I haven't worn mini skirts out of the house for quite a few years!

I have put on ten pounds so far which I am very pleased about. I love my food and imagined all sorts!

I was chatting to a lady in my office yesterday who said that her sister only put on six pounds throughout the whole pregnancy. She was surprissed when I said it was unusual to put on such a small amount.

the amount to aim for is between 25 and 35 pounds apparently. Even my mother in law who never eats and was sick all the way through managed to put on 21 pounds, so I'm not sure what happened with the six pound lady.

I would be a little bit worried if I only put on six pounds over the whole thing.

I wouldn't worry about your weight though. I'm sure it will catch up! Especially now that we are approaching the winter and XMAS! yikes

yeah...and guess what I've regained my taste for lately? CHOCOLATE!!!!

Getting through a bar or two a day...which I wouldn't even do when not preggie and addicted to the stuff. I just want sweet things!

I can feel my bum getting bigger...

Bad Sue, bad!

Sue

I'm still not that interested in chocolate.

The two things that I am interested in that are naughty are pizza and sweets, but only eating them once a week. Trying to resist the temptation to convert them into a craving and go mad.

:D :D :D :D

Hey girls

Anyone's feet swelling lately? I put them up a lot and do sewing and stuff but would rather know more about avoiding varicose veins etc, as my mother had a lot of them in pregnancy and they ruined her lovely legs! I'm also breaking out a lot on my lower legs, I'm wondering if this is lack of circulation or poor diet.

Also, we are all nearly in trimester three, if I'm right, it starts at 24 weeks doesn't it?

Wouldn't it be great to stay pals online after our babies are born and follow their lives? I have no web design skills but surely between us we could set up a pals forum and stay in touch?

Sue

3rd trimester starts at 27 weeks I believe??

how much weight has everyone put on now?
does anyone know what the norm weight gain is by this stage??

I think i have lost weight, im sure i remember weighing around 16 weeksish and being shocked coz i had put on 2 stone but i weighed myself again yesterday and i have put on just over a stone.

I was shocked coz i seem to be eating double of everything, one meal doesnt seem enough fo rme, im still hungry after.

think the baby is drawing it all from me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back