Buddy thread - keep up with each other!

Seeing as the house we are living in is pretty new and the people who owned it before us had twin toddlers, I find that the back bedroom is perfect for a nursery. It has a hardwood floor, and built in press units, and the Velux even has a blind, because it gets very sunny.

The room is painted a neutral cream, and there is a bed in it at the moment. But all we really need to do is get a cot and a changing trolley and move my rocking chair upstairs for nursing and that will be it!

Thinking about giving it a lick of paint though, and I thought that a soft yellow would be lovely, even though the office, the master bedroom and the kitchen are already yellow! (I love yellow walls.) The only thing is I'd had my heart set on Calvin and Hobbes border paper or cutouts for the walls too, only to find that you can't really get Calvin and Hobbes stuff for nurseries! I guess the comic strip isn't really for children, but I love it!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Sue

you know what I really Advise?? Join Boots Baby Club! they've sent Me LOADS of vouchers for freebies :D

Unfortunately, Sassy, I'm living in the Republic of Ireland so I'm not eligible for the Boots baby club, even though Boots stores over here have their own advantage cards etc. I think it's to do with the different currencies? I also managed to join the Pampers club, so I will have so much free junk mail the house will be swamped!

I had a wee bit of spotting yesterday :cry: - but nothing since. I don't want to panic, so if it happens again I will go to the doctor over the weekend...grr I'm about due a break from scares aren't I? Does anyone else feel like that?

Sue

:( I haven't had any scares with this pregnancy YET!!

with the boots baby club I got sent a booklet for freebies! so yesterday I went to boots and I got a No7 Foundation WORTH £12.50 FREE, some shimmer soltan fake tan worth £6.99 FREE I was so pleased :D

WOW that's ace, I'm still waiting for my baby club thing to come through - I'm even more excited now!!

Hi Girls. After having scan this morning my dates have changed. I am only just in the January club (think baby wants me evicted!). Now due 3rd of Jan x

getting closer!

Do any of you girls suffer from bad backaches now? Mine seem to happen at about 3 or 4 in the afternoon just when I'm getting ready to wash up after dinner*L*.

Was wondering about relief - sometimes they feel like a mild period backache and my legs ache too which makes me worry a little, but do you think it would be bad for me to take the odd hot bath to relieve them? Well...warm bath?

I've tried a hot water bottle and that works...but usually only for about 20 minutes.

Sue

I get a backache like that about once or twice a week and the most enjoyable relief is a nice warm bath. Not too hot but hot enough so that it is relieving and a pleasure.

Add some radox and wallow in it.

I had one last night, and went straight in the bath when I got in from work. bliss :D :D I then proceeded to lay down for the rest of the evening and delegate all the jobs 8)

I have just spent the night with my SIL and her family (five kids). I like all the kids and they're very well behaved but when they are all together they do my head in. My husband's away for a few days, and he told me that he would be easier in his mind if I had someone to stay with rather than being alone in the house, so I went out there.

They're lovely kids, don't get me wrong, but I don't seem to be able to take pressure or tension between them and their parents. It's always the way I've been that pressure and tension make me all shaky, but it's never been this bad. I drove out of their driveway this morning like a bat out of hell, and I'd say my haste to leave was apparent. It's a half an hour later now and I'm sitting at my computer with a cuppa, and my hands are still shaking.

Will I be able to take that kind of pressure at all? My husband and I want four kids, and I don't want to change the goalposts after we settled on this, it's not fair. I'm 32 now and thought I could handle pressure, but I'm having severe doubts now as to whether I'll be able to handle more than two...

I had a bath the other day for the backache Sarah, and threw in some radox without looking at the bottle, only to realise later that it had lavender AND clary sage in it, and you're supposed to keep away from that kind of stuff...

Anyway, just my rant.

Sue

Yeah I get backache too :( doesn't help with having a toddler too though!!

*L* I'm looking at how utterly serious I was in the last post and wondering what I was so worried about.

Life is funny when it sneaks up on you isn't it? ( I sound like Alanis Morrisette.) I mean, one day you're so scared and then the next you're fine and over the moon.

Bloody hormones... :roll:

I AM A LOONY AND PROUD OF IT :lol:

Sue

Hope to catch up with you all soon, but just wanetd to mention that I felt my little bean kick me two days ago for the first time!!!!!

Who else is being kicked????????

:D :D :D :D

Im being kicked and punched lol

If i lay on my tummy even just a little he will punch me to tell me to get off lol

My husband's a karate instructor and there are lots of jokes about this baby, because it's kicking all the time and I've been feeling it since about 11 weeks!

It sometimes seems like there's a seven a side football team in there! VERY active baba...

Sue

Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:44 pm Post subject: 70% chance were having a boy!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi guys
i had my 21wk scan 2 day and they told us that they are 70% sure its going 2 be another boy. . everything is well with baby perfectly healthy.
we have decided that because of the % they gave us we are not going 2 rush out and buy blue things. so we are now going 2 book a 4d scan, cant wait.

has any body been told the sex of there baby only 2 find they were wrong when its born?
either way we are OVER THE MOON

take care
claire
xxx

No please don't tell me about people who got it wrong, I couldn't bear it if they were wrong, I'm looking forward to my girl now lol!! :D :D :D

Actually, My SIL's husband wanted to know the sex of their third child, and she didn't, so he asked the sonographer when she went out of the room. The Sonographer said they were having a girl so HIS side of the family were all informed and started buying little pink things...and she had a boy!

I'm too curious, I'm dying to know but I'm not going to ask!

Sue

sorry kim :( :( :(

here is a copy of my 21wk scan pic
:)

21weeks2.jpg

claire
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics