Brown discharge at 6 weeks +1

Brilliant news. Are you still at your spa break? Xx

Thank you. Yes I’m still on my spa break until tomorrow morning. I’m trying to relax and take it easy. It’s been a nice break away

So I’ve phoned up EPU and they’re now saying that because my brown discharge has stopped they will consider it as implantation bleeding. They now won’t scan me at all but if it starts again then they will do. They said the fact I’ve had 2 miscarriages, a baby and then this pregnancy then it wouldn’t be classed as recurrent miscarriage for them to give me medication to help the pregnancy either. So I’m now in limbo… I’ve got my private scan on Friday 3rd Feb at 2pm. So I’ve got to wait until then now or try to rearrange it for the end of this week…

So I’ve phoned up EPU and they’re now saying that because my brown discharge has stopped they will consider it as implantation bleeding. They now won’t scan me at all but if it starts again then they will do. They said the fact I’ve had 2 miscarriages, a baby and then this pregnancy then it wouldn’t be classed as recurrent miscarriage for them to give me medication to help the pregnancy either. So I’m now in limbo… I’ve got my private scan on Friday 3rd Feb at 2pm. So I’ve got to wait until then now or try to rearrange it for the end of this week…
That’s just ridiculous to me. You either need help or you don’t, regardless of the past history. It just infuriates me that they don’t have time to do their job well. On the bright side though, that’s awesome that the discharge has gone away!!!!

Oh wow . Your epau sounds really harsh I don't get it. Hope its not going to stress you out too much. Hopefully this week and next week flies for you xx

To be honest I'd just lie and say you've had more brown discharge! But I hope you're able to relax now that everything is looking good xx

Exactly 1 week since it started, I’ve got brown discharge again this morning :wall:I’ve phoned EPU and the earliest they can get me in for a scan now is Monday at 11.30am so I’ll just have to wait and see what happens. I feel so lost and upset. I’d just started to get a bit of hope again then this happens…

Have you had sex or done something to irritate your cervix hun? Hopefully it's nothing xx

I wish I had done something to irritate it :-( the only thing I can think of is I went swimming with my daughter on Tuesday evening but apart from that, nothing. Hubby wouldn’t have sex with me last time in the first 12 weeks through fear so he definitely wouldn’t be wanting to come anywhere near me this time haha

Maybe just your every day activities are causing some irritation. Glad they let you in a smidge sooner at least, but I don’t understand why the don’t send you for bloods.

I still think its a good thing that its brown and spotting and not a lot or your in pain... How's it now ? Xx

Hi,

I’ll be honest I’m freaking out a bit right now. I’ve had 2 MCs in 2018 then a successful pregnancy in 2019. I’m 6wks+1 today. I woke up in the night with my daughter and then when I was in bed I felt a slight twinge on my left side. I know this can be normal in early pregnancy with things growing and accommodating so thought nothing of this. When I went to the toilet this morning and I wiped there was brown discharge. It was only slightly tinged and not dark. I immediately panicked. I then wiped again and it was there again. I did ‘look’ for any more and found (sorry for tmi) a bit of brown stringy discharge.

The last 2 times I’ve had a MC it’s been bright red when I wiped in a morning. Nothing like this… but I can’t help but fear the worst.

I’ve phoned EPU and they said they’ll only scan me after 7wks. They said if the brown discharge continues then to take a pregnancy test in a few days time and if still positive to give them a ring and get a scan booked in.

I’ve looked locally and I can get a private scan done but most say from 7 weeks so I don’t know if 6 weeks is just too early. I had an EPU scan during my last pregnancy for reassurance but I was 6wks+5 then and it was transvaginal whereas all of the private scans are just abdominal ones.

if you’ve got this far reading then thank you. Just looking for any reassurance or otherwise about brown discharge in early pregnancy.

thanks

Ps I’ve been to the loo loads this morning wiping and checking and I don’t seem to have anymore brown discharge.
I had bleeding with my daughter, it was brown, then pink, then bright red then went back to brown. She's 6 this year!
I've had 8mcs too so I understand how worrying it is to have a bleed no matter how much. Just take it one day at a time. There's nothing you can do either way x

Thanks for relying ladies. I hardly had any brown discharge all day when wiping then I just had the most I’ve had all day on a panty liner. It’s still light brown though. No aches or pains with it. Still feel exhausted. If this pregnancy does continue I can tell this little bean is going to be trouble haha

thanks for the reassurance @PeanutButter so sorry about your MCs. X

Yeah, I had loads of spotting with my little boy Sarah, and he's trouble :rotfl:
Would you be due a period around now? I bled a bit at the point of the first few missed periods on that pregnancy xx

Haha :rotfl:

no I’ve wondered that too but I don’t think it’s when I’d have been due as it’s too soon.

How's things this morning Sarah? Would your epau be able to get you in if you rang and they have had a cancellation or space to fit you in even if you lie abit ? Naughty I know xx

Hi, I woke up in the middle of the night with my daughter and convinced myself I was bleeding but I was too scared to check so I just lay awake for an hour. But when I went to the loo this morning there wasn’t anything there thankfully. So the discharge has gone for now which is good news.

I’ve not phoned EPAU again as it’s hard for my husband to get time off work in the daytime so he’s had to sort it with his boss to get Monday off so we will have to wait I think. I spoke to my boss yesterday and she was lovely and unbelievably supportive, even told me to take today off as sick just to relax but I’ve worked as I don’t want to take advantage. I am taking it easy though.

Thanks for asking x

How you been all weekend hun? Xx

I got a tiny tiny bit of spotting yesterday and this morning but hardly noticeable. I’ve had no pains or anything, but I’m just exhausted!! Haha.

I had a dream last night I went for the scan and they said we were having a girl! Haha. Obvs I know they can’t tell this early on a scan but funny how I was dreaming about it. I was just relieved everything was ok in my dream. I’m trying to feel optimistic but don’t want to set myself up for a fall and be devastated (I know I will but trying to protect myself).

thanks for asking

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back