Brown discharge

gem44_4

Reaction score
Ever since my scare 2 weeks ago where i had a spot of really dark, old blood i have continued to have a light brown discharge. I mentioned this to my doc just after the scare and he wasn't concerned, and my scan a week ago showed everythings fine and there is a heartbeat.

Is it normal to have brown discharge (i am 8 weeks on wednesday)?? Yesterday and today the discharge was slightly darker which has worried me a bit. The thing is the discharge is only when i wipe and a tiny bit on a panty liner (sorry tmi) I tend to get none at all in the morning and then a bit in the afternoon.

Trying to stay positive as the scan was fine and it has never been pink or red discharge. Any advice or similar experiences??

Gemxx

So many women have had bleeds on here it seems more natural to have one than not have one.

I have bled in 2 pregnancies,including this one, and in both there was red blood at some point. I bled for 4 days with this baba and my scan showed all was fine the same as yours.

Your scan showed all was fine, and i'm sure it will be :hug:

I am certainly not an expert, but going on other posts here and what I have read in books and internet.

Apparently some women do have very light bleeds and/or brown discharge but go on to have a successful pregnancy. If the blood is red and fresh and you have pain then you need to seek advice quickly.

I know it must be worrying, go and see your doc and tell him your concerns. You are not being annoying or silly, it is perfectly natural to be concerned.

Hope everything goes ok,

Hugs
M
x

I had a light brown bleed at 7 and a half weeks, around the time I would've had my period. I was scared but (as you can see from my ticker) it all turned out ok.

Hope it does for you xxxx

I had brown discharge when my AF would've been due and I was really worried but everything was fine :)

Hiya

Brown blood is very common in early pregnancy - Its mostly never attributed to a particular cause - However is often due to hormonal changes, especially around the time your normal period would be due. As you are approaching the 8 week mark, your normal AF would have been due around now.
I had brown and pink bleeding between 8 and 9 weeks and all was well with my pregnancy.

Lots of luck with your pregnancy - I'm sure everything will be fine.

I had a brown discharge bleed at 19 weeks & was mortified was sent to hospital for tests & everything was fine - was all down to me doing too much and I must have had a minor bleed during the night hence the brown discharge in the morning.

I'm sure you'll little'one will be fine - its just a sign saying you should calm down a bit :hug:

Hi

I also know lots of girls who had this or worse and the baby was just fine, , rest and take it easy im sure all is good.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back