re. scan@9wks, brown discharge - worried

Hi Girls,

I posted my scan pic, that I had done last night, in another thread. I know I should be reassured by the scan, but I'm more worried this morning.

Yesterday, I had a very small amount of brown discharge on wiping in the morning before the scan. The consultant thought everything looked fine and the baby was moving on the scan. I thought I should now be able to relax.

But then I had more brown discharge on wiping this morning. I never had this with my first two pregnancies, so it's got me really worried...I'm hoping that seeing/hearing the heart beat at 9 weeks is a good sign though?

I used to get this light brown discharge before my period, but why am I getting it during pregnancy? I know it's blood, though not fresh/bright red.

Has anyone had a m/c after seeing/hearing the heartbeat at a scan on/after 9wks? Or better still, has anyone had this discharge and it hasn't affected their pregnancy?

Thanks,
Wendy

I have had 2 lots of brown discharge and it is meant to be normal, as long as it is brown it is old blood that your body is just getting rid of, I think it sounds perfectly normal and that there is nothing to worry about. I read on the internet that the chance of miscarriage is reduced after a heartbeat has been detected.

It sounds to me that everything is normal, try and not worry about it :hug:

I had the same at about 8 weeks and 12 weeks when my periods would have been due and everything turned out fine.

If you saw the heartbeat then the chances of anything going wrong are reduced to practically nothing so try and relax :hug:

:wave: Hi Sweetie,
I had my 9 week scan last Friday...it was fab..I cried all the way through the scan I was so happy to see the little beam jumping around and to see the heart beating away.... :cheer: This is what We were told at the scan.....
(As you can see I have lost before and I had been really worried)... BUT alot of people DON'T know this...At the 9 week stage, once you see a healthy heart beat and the correct size for term, you have ONLY a 2% yes 2% chance of losing your baby.... That is lower odds than the average miscarriage odds.... :dance:

So fantastic news for us both eh?

As for the brown discharge... It is quite normal for some woman to have this around the time their period would have been due... It is brown so it is old blood, However. If you are worried then call the EPU and get reassurance from them, you may even get another scan, But please try not to worry as I am sure you will be fine and baby is doing well too.

Hope these facts help you relax and you can enjoy the rest of this pregnancy.. :hug: Lv Yvonne xx

hi,

i also had bleeding at seven weeks and i'm fine now. i went into a and e and they were really good and got me an early scan a few days later.

hope everything is ok!! :hug: :hug:

Thanks for the words of reassurance girls and for the informative statistics Yvonne! I'm still having the discharge, but it's light and (touch wood) not getting any worse. Last night, I was so tired and tetchy and, this morning, I feel sick and my boobs feel bigger and sore - so I still have my pregnancy symptoms too, which is a good sign. I now realise that no matter how many pregnancies you go through, you always worry, eh?

I was sitting looking at my scan picture last night, telling myself that there was a baby in there and that everything would be okay. :D

The time is really flying by too, even though I'm counting down the days till the first 12 weeks are over. I remember moaning at the start that I "hardly felt pregnant" and that I was envious of all the others ahead of me at 8 weeks, 10 week, 12 weeks etc. and now, all of a sudden, I'm 9 weeks! I'd better start enjoying this pregnancy because it'll probably be my last one :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back