brings back memories - first ever thread.

sarafet

Reaction score
just found my first ever thread --->

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ht=#634457

hi everyone, first post here

i'd just like a bit of advice before i take test, a bit of moral support really i think haha.

i'm a 19 year old student, have a long term boyfriend and we have our own house. we haven't planned to have a baby but i haven't had a proper period in a few months now. the last week i've had a bit of cystitis i think, peeing constantly etc and my nipples are agony. also been feeling nauseus and bloated.

all i really would like is to know peoples experiences and if you think i possibley could be.

i took a test which was neg 2 months ago, i have just bought 2 tests again, i'm dying to take one but scared as well

thanks a lot everyone

sarah x

and 20 minutes later i posted --->

oh god.

i just done a test and it's positive.

:rotfl:

reading it made me so emotional, it brought back memories of exactly how totally overwhelmed i felt at the time and how i had no idea what i was supposed to do :lol:

now i have the most perfect wee boy in the world :) so funny how this little person started out as that :D amazing :D

whats everyone else's first theads like?

Hehe!! Mine from the 4th May 2005

Hi All!!

I'm looking for some advice really. My husband and I have been trying for a baby now for a couple of months. Unfortunetly we have had no such luck until now (well I'm hoping ).
I am having some serious signs that I could be pregnant but the tests are still coming back negative as AF not due until 09/05. I have tried first responce tests but still nothing.
The symptoms I've been having are: perminatly tired, sick feeling (so bad I've been off work last 2days) breaking out spots on my face & back, slight sore breasts (especially the nipples).
Are any of these like what you've had? And would the signs start this early?

Hope to hear back from some of the experts!!
Sarah xx

26th Nov 2007:

How do you acurately calculate your ovulation week? I have looked up a ovulation calendar thing but you need to choose how long your cycle is exactly and mine is between 28-31 days usually... do you just need to take a ovulations test around the time you think you have I?

Sorry if this has been explained a hundred times on here.

And I still dunno how it all works :lol: But at least im really close to TTC now! I used to be PinkPunch btw..

here's mine

tommy

Replies: 8
Views: 527
Forum: Third Trimester - Weeks 27-42 Posted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 13:52 pm Subject: Due date(s)
i am supposed to be due 12th september buthave been told that baby is size for 36 weeks so now not so sure go for a scan on thursday

have changed name since

SarahH said:

Hi All!!

I'm looking for some advice really. My husband and I have been trying for a baby now for a couple of months. Unfortunetly we have had no such luck until now (well I'm hoping ).
I am having some serious signs that I could be pregnant but the tests are still coming back negative as AF not due until 09/05. I have tried first responce tests but still nothing.
The symptoms I've been having are: perminatly tired, sick feeling (so bad I've been off work last 2days) breaking out spots on my face & back, slight sore breasts (especially the nipples).

Sarah xx

Aww sarah, its amazing to see that post above the pic of your little girl :D

ShineyHappyPeople said:
SarahH said:

Hi All!!

Sarah xx

Awww thanks, unfort that was the baby I lost at 6wks, but I know I am incredably lucky to have my gorgeous little princess

SarahH said:
ShineyHappyPeople said:
SarahH said:

Hi All!!

Sarah xx

Awww thanks, unfort that was the baby I lost at 6wks, but I know I am incredably lucky to have my gorgeous little princess

Didn't know that :hug:

My first ever thread was called aches and pains.

Flame said:
Hi

I have just had a really sharp pain in my side, it only lasted a few seconds then went away, also i have had some aches and pains in my pelvic area, which i have been assured are just things shifting around.

Today i have backache and the aches and pains in my belly seemed to have calmed down a bit but i am getting aches at the top of my legs to.

Is this all normal

I am 4 weeks and 4 days pregnant.

I am also a bit annoyed that the doctors and midwife are not interested in you until you are past so many weeks, so i am having to sit around and worry for at least another 2 weeks yet.

I introduced myself as my second post.

This is mine :) 31st March 2007

krystal&jack said:
Hi everyone, I've felt my baby kicking for past few weeks but kicks are far between and not that strong. I'm almost 21 weeks now and I'm starting to get worried. when do they start getting stronger and when do u start recognising waking patterns? I knwo each pregnancy different but just an idea will prob put my mind at rest.. hopefully ... thanks xx

I wish I had found this website earlier in my pregnancy though, I wish I was around for the later stages too but my bleeding laptop knacked up :roll:

Oh yeah I jumped straight in with a question but here is my 'official' intoduction :D

krystal&jack said:
Hi everyone, thought i'd introduce myself as I've found I've quickly become obsessed with this site and reading all the posts. I'm 23 and pregnant with my first baby boy. He came as a big surprise to me. 1 year ago I lost my mam to cancer then 6 months later I split from my husband. We had tried for 5 years to have a baby with nothing. I got with my OH who I had been friends with for a lot of years and I'd been put back onto pil then I find end of December I was pregnant. I was really worried at first, I wasn't in an established relationship and I didn't have my mum to turn too but I knew I would love this baby so much so i pushed it to the back of my mind. I had a bleed at 9 to 12 weeks and was so worried id lose my LO. luckily things have turned out fine and me and my OH have a very strong relationship made even better by our little peanut! Look forward to chatting to you all xx

seems mad that I called Jack a little peanut :lol:

Squiglet said:
Hello... :wave:

My names Morag, I'm 27 (soon to be 28 next month), got married in Dec 2006...and have the most gorgous (er.. expensive) 7 year old little girl.

I'm English , my husband is Finnish, and I moved to Spain around 6 years ago (yes...lots culture clashes and languages).

And oops...I'm pregnant again! Well I kinda hope I am. It will be my husbands first genetic child (as he says my daughter is as much his daughter as she is mine and blood has nothing to do with it) and his mother has done nothing but pester us to start for a family since we married last year...which we've been trying to do.

I was late with my period (about 2 days) with sore breasts which I'd had for around a week and I took a test on the 19/05/07 which was negative. I started to feel sick on Saturday and I took another test last Sunday. The minute the pee hit the indicator strip a line appeared...and became a deep dark pink line like the control...

I need to go to the midwife for the first time tomorrow, the GP's in Spain refer you straight there and don't do anything. I also need to go to a Gyno as I have a high risk pregnancy. I have Crohn's disease and I started bleeding in my previous pregnancy which caused my daughter to be born without the muscles on her right shoulder and underdevelopment of that arm and hand...(or so the doc's think..they can't really confirm it)...so I am kinda scared that I will start bleeding again..and I still can't believe I'm pregnant...and until I see a scan and a heartbeat I won't believe it.

So fingers crossed everything works out...
heres mine... didn't make me feel emotional though... just nostalgic :D

cant find mine - when i try searching it says no posts found :(
i dont think i even introduced myself :eek:

here's mine. I can't even remember posting it!!!

pilkers said:
Hello... :wave:

I've just found this forum and wanted to say hi to everyone. This is a first time pregnancy for me so all the information on here is great!

I'm due on 21st of Jan and I have my first scan next week which I'm soooo nervous about.

Really looking forward to chatting with you all and sharing experiences

L x

Kimbo...here's when we first "met"!!!!!
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43163&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Here's mine :oops:

Emma58 said:
Hi,

I'm new here and would really like some advice. I stopped taking my pill last month and had my last period on 13/6. Over the last week I have been absolutely exhausted needing to sleep a lot, feeling a bit sick on and off, been having vivid dreams, sore nipples, stomach is bloated all the time, a few aches and pains, horrible taste in my mouth and now i am full of cold and am sweating like mad my nose and sinuses seriously bunged up!!!
Is this a sign of preg? Or is it just a cold?
I was last preg 12years ago so have forgotten what it's like but really do remember feeling like I was coming down with cold or flu and i was preg.
I done 2 tests i know they are too early but were both ng.
Sorry for waffling on!!!

Would really appreciate some advice.
Emma

Here's mine from 2 September 2006:-

valentine said:
Hi ladies,

I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks - ever since I've had one of those *feelings* during my 2WW (you know what I mean!).

My OH and I are both 26 and aren't actively trying to have a baby although we're a bit too lazy to use condoms. My OH knows how much I want a baby but every time I ask him if we can properly start trying, he says that we have to wait a year or so until we are in a better financial situation. However, I kind of get the feeling that if we were to get pregnant, it wouldn't be the end of the world for him - as we're not using condoms, he doesn't insist on this or bother putting one on at the appropriate moment (!) and I've not been on the pill for years. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we are not actively trying, but it is a real possibility every month and OH doesn't want to commit to trying but would be happy if it happened - does that make sense?!??!

Anyway - my last AF started on 31 July and I am on a 30/31 day cycle which means that I should have come on on Thursday last week (31/8) at the latest. We BDed on 7/8, late evening on 18/8 and 20/8 (this is normal for us - we don't BD that often). I'm not sure of all the shorthand yet - but I think I should have ovulated between 14/8 and 19/8 - although I'm not v. good at any of this chart stuff.

My next AF hasn't come yet and I did a FR preg. test at lunchtime today and it was negative. I was really surprised as I have been feeling really weird - lightheaded, really hungry and thirsty, a bit queasy, sore boobs, tired and most of all a really tender tummy like I couldn't bear anyone to go anywhere near it.

So I know that some of these symptoms may be in my head or symptoms of a late AF but any advice or support is really welcome...

I am expecting my overdue AF anytime now as my preg. test was negative today. I have another one in the pack and will do as the pack suggests and take this next week if AF still hasn't arrived. However, I guess this has brought home to me just how MUCH I want a baby and how much I need to have a really good talk with OH so we are both on the same page - any tips for this?

Lots of love and I look forward to getting to know you all better,

valentine xxx

I wasn't pregnant. Not actively trying my backside - 2 months later I was up the duff! Here's my BFP post from 9 November 2006:-

valentine said:
:D Hello!

I did a PG test tonight (well 2 :oops: ) and they were both BFP!!!!

We used 2 x Early Detector tests that maybebaby had been kind enough to send me recently via the post. My OH is insisting that we get a ClearBlue or something as we can't quite believe it - I am going to try and scan a pic of the 2 tests in to see what you both think.

In case you've not met me before - my name is Valentine, my OH and I are both 26, I'll be 27 early next year (gah!). We have been being careless with contraception earlier - but were not planning to actively try until after the New Year. We had a burst condom this month when I had EWCM and I just had the 'feeling'.

I was trying not to tell my OH how I was feeling and that I was late as we've had a few false alarms in the past and we've always ended up disappointed and sad after testing. However, his older brother (29) and his girlfriend (30) phoned up tonight and announced he was going to be an uncle!!! So then I kind of cracked up and told him I might be...He was sceptical, so I went to the bathroom and did a test....

To my absolute surprise, a thick pink line appeared! OH made us do another one and it was similar (line not quite as thick but definitely there). We have been chatting in disbelief since then but really want to do more tests with FMU - which won't be til Saturday!!! How can we wait til then?

Anyway - please keep hoping for me - surely 2 BFP tests (even if not with FMU) is a good sign? I'll keep you all posted!

Love

Valentine xxx

The above post made me really nostalgic!

zebrastripes said:
Hey :) I'm Rebekah,pregnant and due on August the 2nd.This is my first baby, and I'm going to be pretty clueless,so I'm just hoping to talk to some nice people and get some advice.

Short and to the point. I was terrified you'd all revile me as a big slut :rotfl:

Mine was ........

lfc_sarah said:
Just thought id say hello!
Have my 20 week scan on Wednesday, looking forward to seeing if its a boy or girl!
:wave:

Only found out about the pregnancy at 3 months gone and had first scan at 17 weeks +3 days :shock:

June 12th, 2007

Hey everyone!

Is there room for one more? I've been lurking for a while but thought it was time to finally join in! I'm due on August 8th. I don't really know any other pregnant people so it's such a relief to come on here and find other people in the same boat!

Now just have to get me a ticker thing!
[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back