Breastfeeding fears!!

Thanks for that honey. It's nice to hear a positive story. I only ever seem to hear negative ones!! I fully intent to give it my best shot. Thanks again!

I think this is probably a stupid question, and I already know the answer, but I'll ask it anyway...

If BF gets easier after the first few days/weeks, as your nipples toughen up, is there anything you can do before the baby is born to get your nipples ready for BF? Or is the only way to toughen them to go through the painful stage?

Probably wishful thinking to think I can prepare the ground in advance!! :D

nope - you just grin and bare it - some people tell you that rubbing the with stuff like a loofa or whatever will toughen them up - but its just a load of rubbish.

some folk say its worth putting the lanisoh on for a few weeks - to soften them - but dunno it it helps any. xxx

nope - you just grin and bare it - some people tell you that rubbing the with stuff like a loofa or whatever will toughen them up - but its just a load of rubbish.

:shock::shock::shock:

A loofa?!?! Ouch!

A even more silly question do our nipples go back to normal after bf? Or I am stuck with them like that ???

I think we're stuck with them Hope!!

I love my cute, prefectly sized, pink nipples - so does OH!! I have tried to break it to him that they could end up big and brown and not for his entertainment any more :shock: :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Seriously?????? I love my small pink nipples too :( but I am pretty sure my mums nipples for back to normal and bf me 14 months???
Hopefully she wasn't just the exception of the rule :shock:

Maybe they do go back to normal?? Fingers crossed LOL

xxxxxxxx

I think they do go back to being more sensitive again eventually but they never look quite the same again , that pert firm feeling breast is very likely a distant memory, sadly I have to wear full padded cups when not pregnant or feeding as mine have no structure of their own any more but I have fed 5 babies up to the age of 9 months so they're done their job really well and I'm really proud of my body and what it has achieved.

Last edited:
I didnt get to BF AJ after a traumatic labor and delivery, I was on painkillers for the first 6 months of his life just to function.
I regret not BF and feel as though we both missed out on something. I would of at least like to have tried.

This time around, I'd like to try and BF. But I just cant picture it atm.
I am going to be prepared for both BF and FF. I feel as though I have to be as I'll have baby and a nearly 4yr old. That being said I plan on giving it a good go.

I do have a question.....Do you wind a BF baby? x

Yep you do :) thought they don't get as much wind as the bottle feed babies they can still get colics.

One of the best things i ever did in my parenting journey was attend a baby cafe while pregnant. it meant that i then felt comfortable going when LO was 5 days old. the association of breastfeeding mum and la leche league are really good support systems too. most groups are pretty flexible so even if there is not one in your immediate area but one that you can get to (if on the border of county) you will be welcome.... And of course on here there are a few peer supporters too. I don't get on very often anymore but if i feel i can help always happy to x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Bumping this up for a lady in tri 2 :)

I think we're stuck with them Hope!!

I love my cute, prefectly sized, pink nipples - so does OH!! I have tried to break it to him that they could end up big and brown and not for his entertainment any more :shock: :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxxxxx

My nipples aren't brown

I dont have brown nipples either - i guess i am quite fair skinned

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My nipples darkened a bit with pregnancy and the first couple of months of BF (never really brown though, just darker); now they're back to normal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back