Your thoughts...

shootingstar22

Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gazine-writer-calls-breastfeeding-creepy.html

it was wrong to say your boobs will sag as it is my understanding that pregnancy can do this, not breastfeeding.

Plus I see my breasts as things for food for a baby, not always as a sexual object- other than putting them in a push up bra and trying to attrct attention in my youth!

Tbh I will try breastfeeding ( I know it doesn't always work for some, and babes), but I will be combining it win formula so that dh can be involved, and give me a bit of a break.

I think this adds fuel to the fire regarding people that are against breastfeeding- mainly because they think it's perveted and unatural??!!!

Last edited:
I didn't breast feed my 1st child and found my boobs still sagged,they were never naturally gonna go back to the ooomph they had b4 pregnancy. I breast fed my 2nd and 3rd child and have to admit they sagged even more...spaniels ears cone to mind...anyway it won't stop me breast feeding this child. U can't beat the amazing feeling that nourishing your child creates.

And if I was really that unhappy i'd save up 4 a boob job lol xx

I've just been doing some Reading and it says that breastfeeding does not cause sagging.. It's pregnancy itself. Sagging is also caused by smoking:

"Among the mothers, 58 per cent had breastfed at least one child, for an average of nine months.
The researchers evaluated the womens' medical history, body mass index, pre-pregnancy bra cup size and whether or not they smoked.
There was no difference found in the degree of breast ptosis - sagging - between women who breastfed and those who did not.

But smoking was found to have an effect, according to Dr Rinker. He said that smoking breaks down a protein in the skin called elastin, which makes skin look young and supports the breast."

Last edited:
I didn't breastfeed my daughter and my boobs didn't sag BUT I had like no boobs to start with so there was nothing too sag and don't for one minute believe that they didn't sag because I bottlefed! I think it's awful to put misinformation like this out there! The problem is you can't do a scientific test because every woman is different, every body is different and every pregnancy is different so, for example, if they used me then 1st time I bottlefed and boobs didn't sag but this time I'm going to breastfeed and my boobs might sag but they mightve sagged anyway! Who's to say that the women who breastfed and boobs sagged wouldn't still have had saggy boobs if they had bottlefed iykwim x x

funny isnt it, one of the things i find most sexy about liam is that his body can give me children, one of the most remarkable and beautiful things about my breasts is that they will feed my child.

Sexuality and birth/breastfeeding etc are not seperate, they are very intrinsically linked and what the hell is wrong with that????

its not that sex and breastfeeding need to be seperated, its our warped perception of sex being a 'naughty' 'personal' 'adult' thing that needs to change

obviously its a two man sport and is (mostly) kept as such, but that doesnt mean its bad or wrong or anything out of the ordinary at all

funny isnt it, one of the things i find most sexy about liam is that his body can give me children, one of the most remarkable and beautiful things about my breasts is that they will feed my child.

Sexuality and birth/breastfeeding etc are not seperate, they are very intrinsically linked and what the hell is wrong with that????

its not that sex and breastfeeding need to be seperated, its our warped perception of sex being a 'naughty' 'personal' 'adult' thing that needs to change

obviously its a two man sport and is (mostly) kept as such, but that doesnt mean its bad or wrong or anything out of the ordinary at all

I agree about the link with sexuality and birth/breastfeeding. Though I do think breasts are over sexed in mags which in turn warps men/womens minds into seeing them as simply sexual objects.

I'll never forget this program I watched years ago about breastfeeding. A woman was feeding her son on a bench, no boob exposure... And a man, who was wig his child and partner shouted at her to do "that kind of thing" at home. He implied that it was perverted and uncessary. He then waved his childs bottle at her and said "this is what my son has".

I don't think I could be one that feeds in public, but at the same time I wouldn't be so reactive to someone that did. A famil friend has had 3 kids and she's always wippin out her breast whenever/wherever they want. You don't see anything or anything... And of course there is the intial uncomfortable feeling that I get, but I soon get over it.!:)

I don't know, I just don't get why there is such a problem with breastfeeding in the public. Likewise peeps that breastfeed shouldn't judge those that don't... All about personal choice at the end of the day.

Indeedy :) and on the other side you get women that still breastfeed there 2.5/3 year olds (which is fine i have no problem with what others do) but are SO over the top and blase about it that its embarassing and cringeworthy

i sat in a cafe once with a mother and the toddler running around, suddenly the toddler jumped on mamas lap, pulled her top down exposing her breast and began sucking on it

the mother looked 'oh so proud' when i actually found it a bit odd, i would teach my child to disrespect my personal space in such a way regardless of wether it was about food or not...

I think that in the 'WE LOVE BREASTFEEDING' brigade, you get alot of situations where they just want to shock the people around them, i find it just as horrendous as those who sneer at women breastfeeding, yes if my child is hungry i will feed them, but i will find a safe, quiet spot to do that because thats what i would do if i were formula feeding my child personally, feeding a baby is quite a private thing, not because its bad or naughty or anything - just because its bonding time between you and your child

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back