First time mums, what are your worst fears?

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!!

I was wondering what are you worst fears?

I keep dreaming about feeding the baby, baby telling me I am not doing it right, hey yes he does talk in my dreams :wink: and then I am trying hard to put his head properly on my nipple but the head keeps dropping backwards!!!! I have quite a lot of fears as this is my first and I have never dealt with a baby, do not even know how to hold one in your arms :roll: but would like to know your fears...

Cheers :D

hi there futuremum!
being a mum is so exciting but so freaky as well i agree! it's funny though to see what scares different people.. :D

i've had a couple of nightmares as well, and i didnt think these were things that worried me:
1) i dreamt baby was trying to breast feed and no milk was coming as my nipples were sealed, so a nurse had to come and rip a bit of skin off my nipples which meant they bled and baby STILL couldnt feed..
2)this may make me sound superficial but it made me laugh afterwards- i also dreamt it was a wee boy but it had hair down to its knees which was thick, red and curly, and when i saw that i didnt want the baby anymore (sounds really daft!)

the list of things i consciously worry about would be too long to write so i'll stop there.
whats important is we should all be alright on the long run!! 8)
take care
pip xx

Hey...

My worst fears are that I will not be able to breastfeed, though I know that isn't the end of the world. I'm not really worried about baby care in general, as I have handled babies a lot before.

I'm more worried about how I will deal with the emotional side of things when baby is born. I tend towards anxiety and depression and have constant worries about our relationship - whether the baby will strengthen us or drive us apart.

I think we'll be okay though...we both have a lot of love to give and love each other, and the child, to bits. Just worried. You know how it is.

I would say you'll be fine. Instinct is a great thing, and in the hospital they show you everything...

Sue

Hello

I have dreams all the time the same one and its of me forgetting about my baby and finding her dead, well in the dream she was a boy.
I wake up just freaking out cuz its so real, and makes me worry if ill be a good mom.
But besides that my fear is like every one else not being able to breast feed!
Katrina

I'm not sure what my worst fears are but my dreams having be verging on the insane recently.

The other night I dreamt the baby kept getting smaller and smaller and in the end she turned into a small white beetle and I couldn't find a nappy small enough for her.

Hmmmm

(Sidles into the forum as should be in the second trimester.....)

I am not really a worrier about little things so am worried only about the baby being born ill or with a deformatie (sp) or problem. Or with 7 toes or something! Chances are slim given that the scan pic definatly has two arms and legs etc but still worry. Not too worried about the care side of it although i have only ever changed one nappy and held one baby :oops: in my life. I will be ok i normally am when confronted with new things..... i hope!

:D

gosh some of your dreams are scary!

I just worry about breast feeding, that the baby sucks and sucks and nothing comes out ( i only leak abit at the moment)

Also the labour mainly ripping down below or pooing during birth, still not too worried about labour, but that is was happens in my dreams I just rip right to my poo hole and I still have to push bloody hard! But hey it happens! Nothing life threatening!

This probably sounds silly but one of my biggest fears is actually going to the hospital :?
I've never liked them and hate the thought of being there. Me and OH went to the hospital yesterday just to see where to park and which floor the Maternity Ward is on etc and now I'm even more terrified!!
I just hope my labour is quick and simple and that I don't have to stay in over night on my own :shock:

bobtheinfortunateone - Everyone I speak to about labour says that they pooed themselves so I wouldn't worry about that. The medical staff must see it all the time. Not very lady like I know but better out than in I say :wink:

No scared about labour (it's going to hurt, it's going to happen, I might aswell get used to the idea!). Am scared about hospital, don't want to go in and want a home birth.

I don't want loads of people around me and the baby after the birth. I have an irrational fear of having to let other people (other than DH) hold her and at the moment I feel like I want to give birth and hide away for a few days.

Before Max was born I was really scared i wouldnt know what to do, like when he cried etc, but it all came so naturally that i was silly for being worried.

Labour didnt scare me, i knew it was gonna hurt, and it really did bloody hurt, worst pain was in my bum which was one thing i hadnt expected!! :oops:

Dont fear you will all be fine, you will be amazed how natural it will all be to you

Natalie x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back